Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Government RelationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 668061BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 07/01/2019
This position reports directly to the Director, External Affairs.
This person must be knowledgeable of governmental and community needs, be able to effectively manage internal and external relationships, knowledgeable of the entitlement and land use process and identify and seize opportunities.
A successful candidate will have the ability to evaluate current government efforts, plus strategize new, creative and efficient elements or to designate and lead new activities that better serve our local agencies and Resort partners.
This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and effectively meet deadlines. In addition, this position must be able to effectively develop presentations and project manage to advance business critical work.
Strong writing, communication and presentation skills are critical for this position. This position will be asked to take complex issues and develop basic talking points and articulate the Resort’s position to various audiences.
- Manage, monitor, and update key regional, state and federal issues that impact DLR and its business.
- Manage grassroots activation and consultants while developing an integrated strategy to advance DLR business objectives and support future Resort growth.
- Monitor City of Anaheim and County of Orange issues, planning and regulatory changes
- Monitor state and local projects funding opportunities that impact our business.
- Serve as an advocate for tourism promotion on the local and state level
- Create and maintain database for political and community leader contacts.
- Coordinate all legislative and diplomatic visits.
- Participate in master planning efforts and assist with managing outreach and education. Serve as a liaison and assist with project management for pre-development, corporate real estate, finance and business development teams.
- Monitor all Fair Political Practice Act laws to ensure compliance. This position will be responsible for DLR reporting requirements. In addition, this position will assist will political contribution compliance.
- Formalize and implement a legislative education and onboarding program for elected officials and community stakeholders; utilize economic impact information to tell DLR’s business story and economic value.
- Develop and manage the annual legislative calendar, which monitors upcoming legislative and regulatory changes/proposals.
- Create and maintain internal policy and educational opportunities
- Manage and implement a comprehensive Government Relations and political outreach plan to build strong relationships with our local/regional/ state/federal stakeholders
- Plan and execute External Affairs events to advance business objectives. Select appropriate attendees to community events. Coordinate community leader attendance.
- Oversee event sponsorship and maximize presence at external events.
- This position will have a strong understanding of municipal operations, experience with managing a development agreement process, local government and/or 3-5 years of experience in dealing with planning and development laws/rules.
- Political experience (campaign, district office or industry relations) required
- Extensive knowledge of the Disneyland Resort and the Anaheim/Orange County communities.
- Knowledge of entitlements, land use, zoning codes and general plan documents
- Good understanding of the political process
- Previous experience leading a team
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Relationship builder, demonstrated networking and interpersonal skills Demonstrated strong organizational, planning and project management skills Proven ability to be a team player with strong collaboration skills
- Demonstrated strong guest relations skills
- Experience in developing and monitoring budgets
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deliverables as well as navigate a complex organization
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- JD or MBA preferred
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.