Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, HorticultureApply Now Apply Later Job ID 764859BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 09/17/2020
- Manage budgets and forecast expenses.
- Employ cost/benefit analysis, suggest best value sourcing strategies and ensure responsible materials management practices.
- As assigned, approve purchases and expenditures, commitment of Shop funds, and contract for outside services.
- Provide informed input into developing the annual operating plan (AOP), five-year plan (FYP), capital planning, financial course corrections and plans for achieving cost reductions, cost avoidance and value generation.
- Provide superior Horticulture services for the Disneyland Resort.
- Ensure operational readiness.
- Develop maintenance plans that are driven by maximizing life cycle value and show quality.
- Provide maintenance as needed to ensure operational readiness and Show Quality.
- Ensure all work is performed as planned and scheduled with appropriate resources.
- Develop both hourly and salary Cast Members through recognition, mentoring, and constructive feed back with the goal of developing effective direct reports with a broad, strategic perspective.
- Demonstrate influence and effective feedback skills for improvement and motivation of self and others.
- Responsible for the overall leadership, evaluation, development, interpretation and management of Disneyland Resort florals and seasonal displays.
- Lead both salary and hourly Cast members in research vital to the area theming of Horticulture assets, editing of designs and sourcing of required materials, including documentation.
- Experience leading leaders
- Background in landscape design and maintenance
- Knowledge of seasonal florals, holiday décor and related Horticulture themed elements
- Basic budgeting and accounting skills
- Microsoft Office Software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Comfortable with written communication to all audience levels and able to prepare informal operating guideline
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- In depth knowledge of Horticulture including a combination of the principles of Irrigation, Arboriculture, Landscape Maintenance and Integrated Pest Management highly desired.
- Must possess an enthusiastic interest in horticulture design.
- Ability to demonstrate a creative approach to theming, interpretation, and use.
- Good organization and observation skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven leadership qualities that clearly demonstrate successful mentoring, planning, communication and execution.
- Proven ability to lead both salary and hourly Cast Members in a union setting.
- Exceptional, results oriented project management background in a creative, fast paced environment.
- Consistently demonstrates the understanding of the Disney Heritage, Values, and Culture in their daily activities
Preferred EducationBachelor's Degree
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.