Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager of Show Control & AV SystemsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 784123BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products,Disneyland Resort Date posted 04/28/2021
ResponsibilitiesWork with the Show/AV/Resortwide team members at the Disneyland Resort to:
- Oversee and mentor Team members as they perform their roles of estimating, scheduling, planning designing, testing, documenting, training and sustaining hardware and software Control systems at the Disneyland Resort and other Disney parks.
- Serve as the main interface for Show Control, Audio Visual and Resortwide systems relative to the Resort’s annual Integrated Facility Program (IFP) development, including Planned Technical Obsolescence (PTO) efforts.
- Serve as the responsible party for representing and validating Show Control and AV systems on a yearly basis to the state of California, working with Resort Quality Engineering partners.
- Work closely with all lines of business partners to ensure attraction reliability and safety. Most notably, work with Engineering Services and Sustaining Engineering partners to ensure high attraction uptime.
- Serve as technical liaison to help inform and guide upper management
- Stay current on industry trends and technological advances
- Have quality conversations, provide feedback and support the annual performance review process of our Cast.
- > 10 years in a technical role in support of designing, troubleshooting, and maintaining solutions around industrial control equipment and industrial networks
- Strong understanding of software and computer systems
- Strong understanding of electronic principles, specifically DC power systems
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic components and computer-based systems at the hardware, software and system level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to recognize/handle priority situations and resolve conflict within the team
- Hands-on experience with theme park or industrial control systems with man-machine interface
- Hands-on experience with PLCs and ladder logic programming
- Hands-on experience with high order programming languages
- Good working knowledge of Beckhoff Automation technology, including EtherCAT
- Good working knowledge of Tait Navigator control systems
- Good working knowledge of audio concepts, including processors, speakers, amplifiers
- Good working knowledge of video concepts, including cameras, monitors, media
- Good working knowledge of networking principles
- AUTOCAD skills, able to read schematic and assembly drawings
Required Education4 yr technical degree in related field
Preferred EducationMasters degree in related field
Professional Engineering License
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.