Manager, Transportation Engineering ServicesApply NowApply Later Job ID 10043656 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Mar. 16, 2023
As a manager, you will provide operational, financial, tactical, and customer-service thought leadership for Transportation Engineering Services. You will lead all aspects of Fleet Maintenance, partnering with customers and vendors to provide safe, reliable, and efficient services and develop maintenance strategies that focus on immediate response and long-term sustainment.
- Lead Fleet Maintenance operations (Trams, on/off-road vehicles, PTVs, wagons, trailers, etc.), accountable for all department-related Guest/Cast/Financial results
- Lead fueling infrastructure and service (diesel, bio-diesel, gas, CNG)
- Manage Maintenance Services throughout resort (asset movement via forklift, crane, truck, etc.), waterway level maintenance, deployment of pumps/light towers/etc
- Lead resort fleet replacement strategy, budget, and execution
- Develop and handle the departmental Annual Operating budget
- Ensure compliance with all legal/regulatory standards applicable to the area
- Evaluate technical trends and stay current with the industry
- Transportation or Maintenance Engineering Services experience in a leadership role
- Experience with attractions maintenance - understanding of ride law
- Manufacturing, resource management/demand planning, procurement, material-handling experience
- Financial and business management skills: activity-based management, inventory management, and accounting
- Proficiency with Maximo, SAP, MS products
- Experience with change management, communication/presentation/writing, diversity appreciation
Additional Skills & Qualities...
- Excellent blend of leadership, operations, and technology skills
- Effective partnership and client service skills
- The ability to inspire greatness through results and attitude relative to Guest, Cast, and Financial objectives. A true appreciation for a value system consistent with Disney Values
- Passion for change that drives business performance
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Logistics/Operations Management, General Engineering, Business Management, or similar
Our Benefits: At Disney, we offer a rewards package to help you live your best life! This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
The hiring range for this position in Anaheim is $112,012 to $150,260 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.