Marketing Strategy Intern (Special and Signature Events), Summer/Fall 2024Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 10078159 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Feb. 09, 2024
About the Role & Program
Every day at Disney Parks, we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life for our guests. The Marketing and Commercial Strategy team strives to drive consumer demand and helps to achieve business objectives (revenue, attendance, occupancy, and guest experience). The team achieves these goals by developing business and communication strategies and partnering with cross-discipline teams to build campaigns that drive consumer behavior. The team also coordinates the management of these plans to ensure each campaign or program is applied across a wide range of marketing tactics.
In this role, you will assist the Special Events, runDisney and Franchise & Synergy Events businesses within Disneyland Resort Marketing & Commercial Strategy to achieve results. Using critical thinking and versatility you will aid the team in driving hard ticket event strategies and sales, runDisney on-site event support and photo shoot content capture, and D23 Fan Event and event support while developing cross-functional strategic inputs, evaluating marketplace dynamics and trends, developing marketing and social content and strategies, and coordinating project management.
Do you embrace change and love working collaboratively? The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, solutions-first individual contributor with a passion for innovation to drive our partners and business forward!
What You Will Do
- Lead communications and marketing updates across runDisney, Disneyland After Dark, Oogie Boogie Bash, D23 and Franchise and Synergy partners
- Review and approve all creative for social and digital assets on owned and paid media across all events
- Partner with Public Relations and cross-functional teams on digital and blog post content
- Coordinate digital updates for each event for web and app implementation, including the pre-arrival and post-registration email streams
- Compile, lead and collaborate with cross-functional partners on major achievements and project management of critical timelines
- Provide on-site support for the September 2024 runDisney race weekend, the D23 Expo and D23 Day at the Disneyland Resort
- Assist in photo shoot content capture and social media planning with various partners for larger scale photo shoots
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Proven knowledge of and passion for DISNEYLAND® Resort and key offerings
- Shown strong business analysis, communication, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to tackle problems, analyze data for a situation and formulate a point of view
- Project management skills with strong attention to detail and ability to lead multiple projects from end to end
- Proven self-starter with ability to navigate with collaborators across multiple teams and levels
- Proficient in storytelling in written and verbal mediums, including distilling data and insights
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat or similar design program
- Proficient in Keynote, Adobe Acrobat Suite
- Previous professional experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher, or graduated within six months of application submission earning a degree in Business Administration with emphasis in concentrations such as Marketing, Communications, Events, Entrepreneurship, Management or related field
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months at time of application posting OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must follow The Disney Look appearance guidelines
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the internship
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2024 through January 2025
- Must be fully available for the duration of the internship (approximately 40 hours each week)
- Must provide own housing throughout entire internship program in the Anaheim, CA area
- Must have reliable transportation to/from work
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to interview for this position. We strongly encourage applicants to print or save a copy of this opportunity for reference in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed. We hope to speak with you soon!
The pay rate for this internship in CA is $21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.