Already applied?View Dashboard
Medical Assistant/X-Ray TechnicianApply Now Apply Later Job ID 859855BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 09/14/2021
You will report to the Occupational Nurse Manager.
- Perform under guidance of physician: phlebotomy; EKGs and Pulmonary Function Screening; and basic general x-rays for limited body parts
- Maintain and use equipment and supplies necessary to demonstrate portions of the human body on x-ray film for diagnostic purposes
- Handle the complete process from obtaining images, sending imaging, receiving results, and routing results to appropriate provider
- Ace wrap, dressing changes, ice packs, fitting ortho supports
- Help with surgical procedures such as laceration repairs, incision and drainage, burn treatment, etc
- Fulfill medication, injection orders, and provide patient education and instructions as directed by physician
- May help coordinate outside referrals for diagnostics, treatments (i.e. physical therapy) and specialist providers in the fulfillment of external Provider orders
- Requests medical records from other providers
- Provide restriction and accommodation documentation
- Complete all documentation and quality checks to reduce chance of omission and errors
- Ensure discharges for patients by printing and providing appropriate paperwork and next step directions to Cast Members
- Clean and sanitize exam room after completion of Cast Member visit
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintains instruments by sterilizing and prepping
- Front Office Responsibilities:
- Provide communications support by answering the phones and providing answers too Cast Member questions or directing their calls
- You may work with Cast Members to schedule clinic appointments
- May work in Front Office to greet Cast Members, perform check-in processes, or direct them to other CM who can assist with their Health Services requests
- Monitor incoming messages and voicemail to provide responses to inquiries
- Scans and indexes incoming documentation received electronically or during face-to-face visits
- You will perform quality checks to minimize errors
- Follow up on cancelations and no shows then reschedule Cast Members
- Proficiency and certification for conducting x-rays
- Experience maintaining structured systems
- Understanding of general office programs and equipment
- Maintain medical confidentiality
- Experienced with managing time, deadlines, and priorities
- Flexible work schedule including working evenings, week-ends, Holidays and occasional overtime
- Proficient in verbal, written and interactive skills
- Experience providing exceptional customer service
- Partner with Management Team and colleagues to achieve our goals and strategies
- Specialized skills obtained through job-related training and considerable on-the-job training
- Experience in supervisory oversight or as a leader among your peers
- Valid, non-expired California X-Ray Certificate is required for BXMO
- High School Diploma or equivalent approved program
- Graduate and Certificate from approved program in Medical Assistant training
- Certified by a medical assistant certifying organization as approved by the Medical Board of California
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.