Member ConsultantApply NowApply Later Job ID 10017773 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Credit Unions Date posted Sep. 08, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
This position performs all the functions of branch operations and sales, including consumer lending, new accounts, front- desk and teller services. He/she is responsible for balancing each day’s transactions, verifies cash totals and other cash function related to the members requests. He/she will actively promote and cross-sell. Partners’ products and services. The Member Consultant must display a welcoming and positive demeanor at all times with the membership and co-workers while maintaining professional and ethical service standard set by Partners.
- Builds trust, values others, communicates effectively, drives execution, fosters innovation, focuses on the Member, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively and demonstrates high integrity.
- Responsible for identifying and building a network of Member contacts through qualified leads, referrals, telephone canvassing and face to face interaction with the purpose of creating financial opportunities.
- Proven ability to achieve and maintain individual sales targets
- Ensures that all Members' needs are met and commitments to them are kept; providing "5 Star Service, to every member, every time.
- Originate and processes consumer loans, from start to finish, meeting all quality control standards as outlines in policy.
- Ensures that all teller functions are correctly performed and are in accordance with established policies and procedures. Ensures that all security procedures are followed.
- Performs teller paying and receiving functions as required. Receives share deposits and loan payments. Prepares proper receipts.
- Balances cash drawer daily (when used)
- Supports the credit union's objective and promotions by encouraging the use of multiple products and services to meet the Member's financial needs.
- Has thorough knowledge of the consumer loan process and utilizes lending authority to approve or deny loans within assigned authority level.
- Subject matter expert level of product knowledge to communicate features and benefits of all Credit Union products and services. Educate Members on how to become financially responsible.
- Assumes ownership and responsibility in all areas of your role, including assigned task and projects.
- Processes new Memberships by opening accounts and new service requests such as additional share accounts, savings services, checking, money market, certificates, IRAs, referrals, etc., meeting all quality control standards as outlines in policy ( CIP, OFAC, Chexsystems). Ensure compliance with the 2/2/2 Program.
- Ensures that all Members' needs are met and commitments to them are kept; every member every time.
- Assists the department by completing projects and reports related to the department; provides suggestions to streamline department and credit union operations.
- Be knowledgeable of branch and PFCU business processes to anticipate potential issues and effectively communicate to your manager any and all problems that may arise.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education Level: High School or GED (Required)
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3-5 years
Language Skills: Spanish (preferred)
NMLS Certification (Required)
CA Notary (Preferred)
- Ability to use a personal computer and related software applications including Microsoft Outlook (Required).
- Bachelor Degree (Preferred)
- Experience using Episys (Preferred)
- Experience using Springboard (Preferred)
- Experience using Verafin (Preferred)
Additional Experience Required
• Two years financial and sales experience is required.
• Excellent member service and conflict resolution skills
• Effective sales skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Clear and open communication skills
• Flexible; easily adapts to change
• Strong time-management skills & ability to multi-task
• Responsible; takes initiative and works independently
• Strong teamwork skills
• Cash Handling Experience
About Credit Unions:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Credit Unions.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.