Occupational Nurse ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 975457BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 22, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Health Services is looking for an experienced Nurse Leader to lead a team of clinicians in the delivery of occupational health and support services at the Disneyland Health Services facility. Our clinic has the fast pace and ever-changing case flow of an urgent care clinic, but with a more holistic view of health improvement and not just one-time treatments. If you have a passion for occupational health, and overall health improvement, with the talent and desire to lead a team of medical professionals, please apply today!
This position will report to the Chief Physician of Disneyland.
We proudly and happily welcome veterans of the US Armed Forces.
Responsibilities:• Provide day-to-day strategic and tactical oversight of occupational health service delivery to ensure appropriate nursing care is being delivered, stream patient flow, processing documents, and utilization of labor;
• Facilitate resolution of issues by providing technical and problem-solving guidance to the team
• Work closely with key partners across the organization to advance clinical services provided, simplify the execution of work and maximize efficiencies
• Manage equipment and schedules of the medical surveillance program
• Responsible for the oversight, coordination, and regulatory compliance of health services daily operations
• Partner with safety and resort leaders to manage communicable disease
• Ensure clinical staff maintain appropriate licenses and certifications
• Validate clinical staff maintain technical skill proficiencies via annual skills assessments
• Quarterly QA charting of all direct reports
• Ensure all medical equipment is maintained; ensure the same equipment is scheduled for annual state inspections, and ensure documentation on equipment as standards require
• Ensure proper scheduling of labor against patient service demand to maximize labor and equipment efficiencies, identifying gaps and proposing solutions
• Provide direct patient care as fifty percent of the nursing manager role, especially during high patient demand periods
Basic Qualifications:• Minimum 3 years of Registered Nurse Experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience in an outpatient medical environment responsible for patient care.
• Minimum 3 years of leadership experience
• Ability to evaluate & synthesize various data points in order to develop an overall approach and holistic experience to patient care
• Demonstrated ability to provide tactical and strategic leadership, taking concept and driving to implementation, with a focus on people, process and data.
• Capable of delivering feedback in positive and constructive ways
• Ability to work weekends
• Demonstrated strong partnership skills
Preferred Qualifications:• Knowledge of current OSHA Regulations
• Experience in an outpatient medical environment responsible for patient care
• Experience in occupational medicine clinics
• COHN Certification
• Master’s Degree
• Knowledge of current OSHA Regulations
Required Education• Current California RN license, current CPR Certification
• Valid California driver's license
• Bachelor's degree
Preferred Education• COHN Certification
• Master’s Degree
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.