Occupational Registered NurseApply NowApply Later Job ID 975455BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 13, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
General responsibilities include providing medical care by taking vital signs, assessing patients' injury, illness, documenting findings, formulating and educating on treatment plans, and performing medical interventions within the RN scope of practice. The Registered Nurse initiates and supports patient flow, and assists by collecting and documenting patient medical history, appropriate medical intervention, coordination of physician medical assessment, physical examination and occupational medical treatment.
You will maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following safety standards and procedures; Adheres to the highest standard of confidentiality and ensures that all communication and dialogue is handled in same manner; Accepts responsibility for assisting co-workers, including rotating job duties as needed or assigned; Maintains effective dialogue and communication with peers, leaders and associates. Ensures that leadership remains apprised and updated on pertinent matters requiring their attention; and upholds and abides by DLR standards of business conduct.
You will report to the Occupational Nurse Manager
- Provide nursing assessment and recommendations to patients related to the illness or injury resulting in an initial determination of occupational versus non-occupational mechanism of injury or illness.
- Inputs patient information and nursing assessments in the electronic medical record
- Document and Maintain records related to the treatment of patients in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) and Cal-OSHA
- Understand basic OSHA recordkeeping
- Interact with Workers' Compensation, Safety, and our Physician/Provider to facilitate processing of work-related illnesses or injuries.
- Perform regulatory required medical surveillance exams as indicated by current Occupational Health and Safety Administration standards
- Administer travel immunizations under physician orders
- Perform medical treatment in accordance with training and licensure
- Conduct assessments and treatments efficiently and in compliance with organizational operating guidelines
- Complete all documentation and quality checks to reduce the chance of omission or errors
- Participate in Resort Safety and Wellness Programs
- Promote health improvement programs to cast members
- Provide basic non-occupational first aid care and assessment
- Minimum 3+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure patient flow
- Demonstrated experience with electronic medical records or Health Management Systems
- Background working with basic office programs and medical equipment such as audiometer/spirometer
- Experience working in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain medical confidentiality
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including working weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with the management team in the completion of business goals and strategies, follow operational guidelines, and comply with standing orders
- Occupational Health Nursing Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Program Suite
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current California RN Licensure
- Current CPR Certification
- Valid California Driver's License
- Masters' Degree
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN | COHN-S)
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.