Pastry - Full Time & Part TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 1036016BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Sep. 27, 2022
Whether you are looking for exquisite Signature Fine Dining Pastry environments at the Grand Californian Hotel & Spa or incredible, high volume production and magic at the Central Bakery, exciting opportunities await!
Pastry opportunities may include:
- Pastry Chef/Head Baker, $27.04 per hour
- Pastry Line/Dinner Cook, $26.00 per hour
- Pastry Cook/Baker, $24.20 per hour
Responsibilities:Pastry Chef/Head Baker
- Creates and designs specialty desserts and show pieces
- Leads specialty desserts and cake decorating for special events
- Presents and discusses specialty pastry/cake designs with Banquet Event Clients
- Creates complex formulations using innovative production techniques
- Acts as food stylist work for banquets and specialty restaurants
- Role models technical skills required for baker/pastry culinary production
- Calls Guests and Event Planners to discuss custom cake designs
- Formulates and prepares complex recipes including bakers/pastry recipes and high-end specialty desserts for banquets and fine-dining restaurants
- May assist Pastry/ Chef Head Baker with cake decorating
- Knowledge of some pastry techniques, scaling, mixing, proofing, baking, decorating, finishing
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes and is responsible for portion control and plate presentation
- May cook, mix and/or season ingredients when preparing bakery items (i.e. muffins, Danishes , cakes, restaurant items, banquet orders, ice cream or sorbet)
- Ability to prepare products according to recipe guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of kitchen safety and sanitation including temperature requirements
- Has good judgment of food quality and production, understands the impact of spoilage
- Ability to assist Chef in preparing items for Guests with special dietary needs
- Knowledge and understanding of tools, measurements, ingredients, equipment, small wares and cooking required for a bakery
- Cleans kitchen equipment and practices HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) procedures
- Passion for Pastry & Baking and delighting our Guests with food!
- Strong experience with cakes, plated desserts and working in banquets and restaurant environments
- Minimum 2 years of experience in culinary field/high volume restaurant or Culinary Degree and 2 years related experience
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Proven ability to read and understand recipes in a mass volume environment
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced team environment
- Demonstrates a desire to work in a guest service and team environment
- Strong listening skills and ability to follow direction
- Completed culinary education program or equivalent Leadership experience
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information!:SCHEDULE AVAILABILITY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting, DLRCulinary, DLR Culinary, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs, DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, hiring bonus, hiringbonus, incentive, DLRCulinary, DLR Culinary
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.