Pastry Sous ChefApply NowApply Later Job ID 980420BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 27, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
You will report to: Executive Pastry Chef
- Manage culinary concepts in the pastry kitchen environment.
- Engage directly with Cast to create an integrated Guest and Cast experiences.
- Be a mentor to leads, trainers and cast.
- Foster a positive environment which builds on relationships, community and trust by delivering the Five Keys Basics and modeling the Disney Leader Basics.
- Operate the pastry kitchen in compliance with TWDC Global Resort Standards, TWDC Global F&B Standards, DLR Food Safety Standards.
- Ensure show quality of the operation.
- Sustain operational vision, including improvement projects to gain Guest satisfiers, Cast retention and financial results.
- Knowledge, application and presentation of the locations pastry offerings.
- Ensure production, quality, presentation, application, and continuous development of pastries and desserts.
- Provide culinary specific leadership to support and develop Cast members with a hands-on approach.
- Respond to special dietary needs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of menus.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of ingredients, pastry products and vendors.
- Ensure that products are properly ordered, received and stored.
- Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of equipment and facilities.
- Use broad view perspectives for development, authenticity and storytelling.
- Gain trust of others through integrity and authenticity.
- Minimum of five years of pastry experience
- Experience in pastry medium to high-volume production, themed pastries and plated desserts.
- Understand and demonstrate fundamentals of pastry arts.
- Basics of pastry making.
- Knowledge of ingredients and inventory practices.
- Knowledgeable in union contracts.
- Knowledge of computer work, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Understanding of HACCP.
- Flexibility to work a varying schedule, with variable days off.
- Demonstrate knowledge of working in a union environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of food cost techniques.
- Demonstrate high creativity and consistency.
- Can source, order and receive food procedures.
- Food Safety Certification.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.