Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
People Insights / HR Decision Science, Graduate Intern, Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 701014BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 28, 2019
Imagine yourself as a Professional Intern in People Insights where your natural curiosity for discovering analytical insights and trends will help ensure we are making data-driven decisions within Human Resources. In this role, you will be able to blaze new paths in this data rich environment through the discovery of analytical workforce insights and employee related research. You will have the chance to leverage your expertise and knowledge to maximize the Company’s investment in our employees through data analysis, compelling storytelling, and data visualization.
You have a curiosity that leads you to always ask, “What’s possible?” and you have the ability to bring those concepts to reality in everything you touch from analysis to forecasting to research that provide decision support for workforce related issues.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide reporting and analyses for various businesses and functions
- Leverage data to perform trend analysis, statistical analysis, KPI monitoring, and data insights
- Ability to support both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Assist with the development of data visualizations and presentation support
- Build connections between data sources for use in visualization and storytelling
- Support research initiatives such as needs analysis, leadership 360s, and focus groups
- Communicate with clients for the delivery of reports and insights
- Work collaboratively to learn and develop HR business acumen and to share best practices
- Seek to identify process improvement initiatives to optimize HR efficiencies
- A curious nature and passion for understanding the ‘what’ and ‘why’
- Strong interpersonal and partnering skills who excels in a collaborative environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large data sets and reporting on results
- Demonstrated strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in Excel
- Experience with R, SQL, SAS and/or SPSS
- Basic understanding of data infrastructures and how to connect / build data tables
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods, forecasting, and model building
- Willingness to learn new software applications and quantitative skills
- Strong storytelling / presentation-building skills, including the ability to simplify statistical concepts into easily understood and executable insights
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Familiarity with Quantitative and Qualitative research methodologies
- Familiarity with survey platforms such as Qualtrics
- Currently pursuing a Graduate degree in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application
- Graduate degree in Data Analytics, Data Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Engineering, or closely related field
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from January 2020 to June 2020.
- Availability: Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
- Housing: A limited amount of housing is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.