Already applied?View Dashboard
Plasterer-Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 747399BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 02/11/2020
The starting pay rate for this position is $28.93 per hour.
The primary functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Mold making (fiberglass and silicone) and model making
- Fiberglass repairing and manufacturing (casting parts in materials such as urethanes, epoxies and resins)
- The fabrication of “MACON parts” and the repair and refurbishment of Disney character heads
Other functions include:
- Plastering normal finishes and simulated finishes (i.e., rock work, brick, stone and wood)
- The removal and installation of tile brick pavers, concrete and asphalt
This includes shop work, as well as field and rehab work, ranging from construction to the intricacies of the refurbishment of character heads or model making. It requires the ability to read blue prints, follow engineering instructions and use normal hand tools and power tools. This position provides support to Engineering, and all maintenance teams including attractions, ride and show, and infrastructure facilities.
- Ability to safely use and maintain basic hand tools
- Ability to operate pneumatic and electric-powered tools utilizing the proper safety precautions including personal protective equipment
- Ability to operate a manlift, forklift, scissors lift, truck, bicycle and both gas and electric powered carts
- Ability to read blue prints and follow engineering instructions
- Ability to use or learn to use MAXIMO (a work order tracking system)
- Ability to follow check lists to safely handle materials, to lock-out and tag-out attractions, to operate department equipment and vehicles and to know what actions to take in case of a failure
- Ability to remove and repair cement, pavers, asphalt and tile.
Basic QualificationsSchedule Availability - Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, with any combination of days off.
Technical Abilities and Experience
- Experience making and using molds (fiberglass and silicone) highly preferred
- Experience making models
- Experience plastering, applying or carving simulated finishes in plaster (i.e., rock work, wood, stone, brick, etc.)
- Ability to work with fine and delicate character heads while performing repairs or rehabs
- Ability to work with cementitious materials, resins, epoxies, adhesives, acrylics, urethanes, molds, models and basic tools required of a Plasterer or a typical maintenance position
- Familiarity with safety procedures and equipment necessary to accomplish tasks listed previously
- Ability to read
- Ability to read, interpret and follow blueprints, checklists, written procedures and/or processes
- Familiarity with or the ability to learn the Computerized Maintenance Management System (MAXIMO)
Additional Information:Those assigned to the Plasterer Shop Hand position are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class, Respiratory Protection Training class and a Lead Awareness class. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test, audiometric exam and a semi-annual lead/zinc blood test.
Keyword:Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs. DLR Casting, dlrcasting
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.