Already applied?View Dashboard
Project Manager - Costuming InitiativesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 678202BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 12/04/2019
The Project Manager, Costuming Initiatives role provides support to a diverse group of clients ranging from Costume Executives to Front-line Leaders. Types of projects include, but not limited to, forecasting and modeling, productivity analysis, process improvement, on-boarding and deploying new technology, researching and presenting new trends in the industry.
ResponsibilitiesManage multiple projects, including concept and design, timeline development, testing, metrics, financial impact analysis, training needs assessment, communication and reporting in support of Costuming initiatives. Foster relationships with business partners in our theme parks and resorts worldwide to influence and drive projects and best practice sharing across the sites. Provide strategic insights and prepare regular updates on project work, as well as, present to various levels of Executive leadership across the company.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience leading projects
- Minimum three (3) years statistical analysis, forecasting or modeling experience
- Ability to independently create, propose and advocate business models and process based on risk and returns
- Ability to distill complex concepts into simpler terms or stories easily understood by non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated strong project management and analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong negotiation, partnering and influencing abilities
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Willingness to travel as business needs arise
- Ability to develop and track budgets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven knowledge of Disney Theme Parks and Resorts Costuming locations
- Proven familiarity with Costuming specific systems including RFID, GUS and SAP
- Proven knowledge of modeling software or other predictive analytic tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- PMP Certification
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.