Already applied?View Dashboard
Project ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 554081BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Date posted 06/18/2018
- Responsible for overall project safety, obtaining final approval for contractor submitted safety plans and compliance to the project safety plan. Includes compliance to all regulatory (OSHA) requirements, corporate governance requirements and FAM SOG’s.
- PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT:
- Responsible for the development, planning, execution and closeout of all aspects of the project throughout the project life. Includes project design, development, implementation, budget, cash flow reporting and maintaining accurate EFC’s for financial reporting, and maintenance of all job files.
- Lead project scope development and options analysis. Lead project estimate development and review with support of Project Estimator. Develop project implementation strategy and schedule with support of Project Scheduler. Obtain funding approval prior to implementation with support of Project Controller.
- Closely manage project timelines and schedules to manage client expectations and ensure minimum impact to Operations.
- TEAMWORK AND COLLABORATION:
- Assemble project teams with internal and external resources to successfully complete all assigned projects.
- Oversee the efforts of all project team members to ensure that they are working as an integrated team in delivering against project goals.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with team members and customers / clients.
- Partner with all lines of business (LOB) to ensure the final product best meets the intended business objective.
- CONTRACT DEVELOPMENT:
- Provide support for the administration of contracts including scope of work, unit costing items, and bid alternates and operational constraints required for contract preparation.
- PROJECT SCHEDULE:
- Responsible for the project schedule, establishing critical path task to insure schedule compliance and ensuring proper man loading requirements of the contractor to achieve the desired completion date.
- CLIENT COMMUNICATION:
- Responsible for coordinating operational constraints and job objectives together as to achieve a seamless project. Including timely communication with Business Partners, Clients and management regarding project status, schedule, financial and guest impacts.
- Communicate project information effectively to LOB client and all impacted Resort divisions and management
- TECHNICAL COMPETENCY:
- Technically competent with various software programs such as construction management software and Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) Utilize project and contract management systems into the daily operation of the business.
- PROCESS COMPETENCY:
- Responsible for timely issuance of field directives, collection of costing concurrence memos, conversion to change orders and management approval to allow for accurate EFC reporting and timely job closeout.
- Manage project budgets and provide timely project spending updates with support of Project Controller.
- Work closely with Program Manager to accomplish objectives and improve business processes. Focus on continuous performance improvement and efficiency.
- Proven knowledge of project management process and demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of projects in excess of $5M annually.
- Proven knowledge of project accounting, estimating, scheduling, budgeting, document management, best value contracting, contract management and cost forecasting
- Knowledge of construction materials, methods and techniques. Familiarity with all construction applicable codes, i.e., UBC, NEC & UFC
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to prepare presentations for department management review that drive related decisions
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated computer skills in Windows, Excel, Access, Expedition
- Ability to communicate with all levels, including hourly crafts as well as executives.
- Ability to prepare and deliver executive presentations
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to identify project related risks and propose mitigation plans.
- Four years of project management / construction management in hospitality, commercial and industrial construction. Theme park construction experience a plus.
- Four year college degree (BA / BS) in project / construction management or related field or 2 years of college and 6+ years of applicable hands on project / construction experience. Or 8 years of experience without a degree.
- Masters/ MBA
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.