Pyrotechnician - Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 961471BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 04/13/2022
The individuals in a Pyrotechnician role are responsible for set up and firing of pyrotechnic shows and effects in a variety of venues. Pyrotechnicians work directly with Entertainment-division teams to generate appropriate fixtures, programs and procedures to support shows.
Pyrotechnician starting pay rate is: $27.20/hr.
ResponsibilitiesLoading pyrotechnic devices
- Firing pyrotechnic devices (non-theatrical)
- Strike pyro and sets
- Build pyro fixtures as needed
- Rehab fixtures and raceways between shows as needed
- Driving mechanized transportation including lifts and skiffs
- Receiving and inventory of pyrotechnic devices
Basic QualificationsSchedule Availability
- Hours are varied and may require lengthy shifts with changing shifts and days off. Requires flexible availability.
- Must currently hold a Basic Commercial Pyrotechnical License from the California State Fire Marshal. May be in the process of pursuing a California Pyrotechnic Operator Theatrical Trainee License.
- Ability to use common hand tools and handheld power tools
- Ability to use air powered tools and air hoses
- Ability to use common pyrotechnic firing systems including, but not limited to, pyro digital systems
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to connect modules, firing strips and to use cables
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs , DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, pyrotechnician, pyrotechnics
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.