Already applied?View Dashboard
Quality Technician - NDT - Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 811727BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 06/10/2021
The starting pay rate for this position is $41.64 per hour.
The Quality Technician – NDT uses inspection skills in Magnetic Particle (MT) and Liquid Dye Penetrant (PT) methods to verify that Attractions and Attraction components meet applicable requirements. Responsibilities include interpreting drawings, schematics and other relevant documents to determine and use the correct MT and PT instruments and materials to check for structural integrity. This position is also responsible to preparing material surfaces by wire brushing, sand blasting, bead blasting, stripping, or other means as necessary to prepare the surface for inspection. The use of hand tools for metal removal as required. Quality Technicians record and document the results of inspections for transmittal to the appropriate engineering function.
- Perform Magnetic Particle inspection (MT) using a stationary bench, magnetic yokes, cable-wrap methods, and prods to produce a magnetic field in ferrous material to detect flaws
- Perform Liquid Dye Penetrant inspection (PT) using post emulsifiable-, solvent-removable, and water-washable penetrant on non-ferrous material to detect flaws
- Perform MT and PT inspections on vehicle components included in the overhaul program
- Perform MT and PT inspections on Attraction structures and track components
- Perform standard checks on PT and MT equipment to verify operational integrity and calibration. Maintain serviceability of inspection equipment by cleaning and repairing as necessary.
- Document, trend, and analyze results of MT/PT inspections then submit reports to Quality Control Management and the Cognizant Engineer for determining appropriate actions. Prepare inspection technique sheets for review by ASNT Level III personnel.
- Serialize components as required utilizing electro-chem etch and hand stamping to maintain traceability
- Inspect fall protection equipment and anchorages in accordance with applicable requirements. Update database upon completion of inspection.
- Prior Level II certification in MT and PT and have worked in this capacity within the last six (6) months
- Individuals in this position must pass a general, specific, and practical exam in accordance with national nondestructive testing standards. Schedule Availability - Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, with any combination of days off.
Additional Information:Requires working in a darkened room with a maximum of 2 FT candles ambient-white light and working with fluorescent lamps (black lights) to view results of inspection methods.
KEYWORD: dlrcasting, dlr casting
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.