Registered Nurse (Seasonal)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 746319BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 12, 2020
The business work environment is a fast-paced Occupational Health Clinic environment. Highly collegial, cooperative team management setting requiring close cooperation, intra-team consistency, and frequent communication. Collaboration with physician, wellness and administrative team members on a daily basis. Shift times vary and can start as early as 6am but work hours typically end by 11pm. Occasional overtime and alternate shift-work may be required. May be required to work weekends and Holidays based on business dynamics and/or department requirements.
To do their jobs well, nurses need to have physical strength and stamina, the ability to move around freely, and the ability to see, hear and communicate well with patients. Working conditions require standing for long periods of time. Frequent walking and lifting, squatting, pushing, pulling or carrying heavy objects throughout the shift. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Frequent bending, stretching or twisting of their body. Frequent use of their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls. A nurse needs physical strength and ability to kneel/squat to complete emergency procedures such as CPR.
- Required Seasonal Availability
- Every Friday / Saturday OR
- Every Sunday / Monday OR
- 3 days of availability … we choose 2
- Availability is turned in 1 month prior to beginning of requirement periods.
- Provides nursing assessment and recommendations to Cast Members related to the illness or injury resulting in an initial determination of occupational versus non-occupational mechanism of injury or illness.
- Inputs patient information and nursing assessments in the electronic medical record
- Document and Maintain records related to the treatment of Cast Members in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) and Cal-OSHA
- Understands basic OSHA recordkeeping
- Interacts with Workers’ Compensation, Safety, and the Company Physician/Provider to facilitate processing of work-related illnesses or injuries.
- Performs regulatory required medical surveillance exams as indicated by current Occupational Health and Safety Administration standards
- Administers travel immunizations under physician orders
- Performs medical treatment in accordance with training and licensure
- Conducts assessments and treatments efficiently and in compliance with organizational operating guidelines
- Completes all documentation and quality checks to reduce chance of omission or errors
- Participate in Resort Safety and Wellness Programs
- Promotes health improvement programs to cast members
- Provides basic non-occupational first aid care and assessment
- Minimum 3+ years Registered Nurse Experience – Occupational Health Nursing a plus
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- Demonstrated experience with electronic medical records or Health Management Systems
- Background working with basic office programs and medical equipment such as audiometer/spirometer
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain medical confidentiality
- Flexible work schedule including working Holidays and occasional overtime
- Timely and effective communication as demonstrated through strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with management team in the completion of business goals and strategies, follow operational guidelines and comply with standing orders
- Prior Experience in fast-pace medical office, clinic or similar environment
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Program Suite
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Current California RN Licensure
- Current CPR Certification
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Masters’ Degree
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN | COHN-S)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.