Already applied?View Dashboard
Roofer (Laborer)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 685570BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 06/28/2019
The starting pay rate for this position is $19.56 per hour.
Those assigned to the Roofer (Laborer) position are responsible for performing roof cleaning, roof repairs and new-roof installations.
• They also accomplish planned maintenance, providing support to other crafts; ensuring attractions are clean and ready for operation.
• In addition to the above listed duties they will be responsible for cleaning and maintaining attractions, waterways, equipment rooms, backstage areas, and responsible areas. They will also be responsible for maintaining railroad track, ties, switches, and gravel ballast.
• Duties include changing air filters in HVAC units, equipment room doors (where equipped) and other miscellaneous locations.
• Clean, maintain and repair roofs
Park maintenance and cleaning duties:
• Sweep and clean streets, paths, tracks, waterways and walkways
• Dig holes and trenches for trades
• Inspect and clean equipment room
• Change burnt out lights inside air-handling units
• Change air filters in HVAC, equipment-room doors and other miscellaneous locations
• Repair damaged filter-door gaskets or filter-rack clips
• Clean area storm drains
• Grease AH/FC/DX bearings
• Move soil, gravel, equipment and material to assist all trades
• Lift, carry, and wheel heavy material
• Load and unload material from transport vehicles using hand trucks, dollies and other support devices • Move furniture, lumber, fence railing and other materials
• Opens drums, boxes, and other containers
• Clean all waterways and dispose of dirt
• Clean flume, animation and pond areas
• Clean track and ride-path areas
• Help other trades with their work as needed
• Perform weekly, monthly and annual planned maintenance
• Replace railroad-track components and maintain railroad-track profile
• Operate a forklift
Schedule Availability - Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, with any combination of days off
Technical Abilities and Experience
• Eight (8) or more years of roofing experience highly preferred, including new installations, repairs and leak-source locating
• Preferred roofing experience includes the following types of roof systems:
-Tile systems (concrete, clay, barrel, “S” and flat)
-Slate, Mod-Bit (torch applied)
-Single-Ply (PVC, EPDM)
-Metal (standing seam, corrugated)
-Composition shingles (3-tab, dimensional)
-Thatch (natural, synthetic)
-Liquid applied (with and without polyester membrane)
-Standard BUR asphalt with capsheet or gravel
-Fancy-Butt shingles(all types)
• Those assigned to the Roofer (Laborer) position are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class, Respiratory Protection Training class and a Lead Awareness class. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test, and an audiometric exam and a semi-annual Lead/Zinc blood test. • Additional technical training will be provided as profiled by the Manager
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.