Already applied?View Dashboard
Security-K9 Handler- Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 717021BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 11/18/2019
The starting rate for K9 Handlers is $22.25 per hour.
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate Safety as a primary focus
- Demonstrate integrity
- Walking frequently for an extended periods of time, in both indoor and outdoor environments and in all weather conditions.
- Performs Guest screening and K9 searches of vehicles, buildings, open areas and unattended items.
- Responsible for caring for their canine partner, including bathing, feeding and conducting kennel maintenance.
- Respond to critical incidents including emergencies, evacuations, Company policy violations, and work with law enforcement
- Act as a deterrent to undesirable behaviors and actions
- Able to perform hotel evacuation procedures
- Utilize specialized training and methodologies, to identify potential indicators of unusual and suspicious conduct.
- Exhibit exceptional Guest Service skills.
- Continuous positive interaction with all individuals (e.g. Guest, Cast Members, Vendors, Op Participants, etc.)
- Maintain situational awareness at all time
- 2 years of previous K9 Handler experience
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- You must have a current California Driver License to be considered for this role
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Proprietary Private Security Officer licensing through the State of California
- You must have no moving violations for the past twelve (12) months
- Must meet the physical demands, including but not limited
- Prolonged standing for two to three hours at a time
- Constant standing and walking
- Constant use of hands
- Demonstrated strong computer proficiency, including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems
- Must have 2 weeks of full availability for training
- Previous Security, Law Enforcement, Military or related Public Safety experience.
- Previous security responsibilities for a multi-site campus building (either corporate or college setting)
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred.
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.