Senior Financial Reporting Analyst, DLR RevenueApply NowApply Later Job ID 882716BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 20, 2022
This Senior Financial Reporting Analyst supports the Revenue Reporting Team. This position plays an integral role in Financial Reporting’s recurring financial close process by providing support in the areas of journal entry preparation and review, G/L accounts reconciliation preparation, and analyses of G/L accounts and variances. This position supports business unit ticket admissions revenue and deferral processes, SOX compliance, and management decision support.
- Completes monthly/quarterly close processes by preparing P&L and Balance Sheet analysis for Segment and Corporate executives.
- Assists team with data analytics and reporting associated with new revenue stream
- Preparation and analysis of weekly/monthly/quarterly business unit revenue driver metrics and reporting
- Ensures compliance with GAAP and SOX guidelines as well as various control and compliance procedures, including but not limited to: account reconciliations, journal entries, financial statement hierarchy maintenance, Minimal Control Standards questionnaires and legal/statutory reporting
- Assists external auditors and internal auditors with interim and year end audit requests
- Strategic analysis of new revenue initiatives which can include system configuration and testing requirements
- Assists with revenue recognition accounting guidance interpretations and partners with transactional support team
- Identify process improvements and lead various efficiency projects
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of general accounting and internal controls
- Ability to prepare and present information to support decision making
- Strong analytical and writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Core fundamental knowledge required to assess reasonableness of business partner’s variance explanations
- Strong working knowledge of PC-based software applications, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and handle multiple priorities
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and provides solutions
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced environment
- Experience leading people
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Master of Accountancy or MBA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.