Senior Guest Experience Manager-HousekeepingApply NowApply Later Job ID 953070BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 12, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
You will report to the Executive Housekeeper.
Responsibilities:• Exercise leadership - Lead a team of hourly Housekeeping Cast Members while focusing and delivering on safety, courtesy, show and efficiency. Recognize and coach a diverse team of Cast Members.
• Conduct regular meetings with Cast Members to communicate relevant information.
• Ensure a seamless arrival experience for Guests.
• Serve as a functional / subject matter expert of the operation.
• Manage the Housekeeping Operations – You will spend up to 80% of each day working in the operating area and working with Guests and Cast Members.
• Make daily operational decisions that benefit Guests, Cast Members and the business.
• Support training - Maintain current training proficiencies and confirm training and recertification completed by Cast Members.
• Position for success - Support local projects and anticipate/address potential impacts to the Guest and Cast experience.
• Partner with key players - Communicate and partner with other leaders, peers and partners to ensure smooth daily operations.
• Monitor daily staffing levels and forecast labor coverage needs based on business demand.
• Exceed guest expectations that yield results and positive guest feedback.
• Partner with the Front Office team to ensure delivery of clean and ready rooms for guest arrival.
• Serve as a change agent, taking calculated risks to integrate processes, removing barriers and aligning performance goals of the hourly Cast.
Basic Qualifications:• Minimum 5 years of Front Desk or Housekeeping leadership/managerial experience
• Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to function in a team environment. Hold self and others accountable, and the ability use partnership and networking skills to resolve conflict and problems.
• Experience leading a multicultural team and passion for developing others
• Experience partnering with fellow Cast Members to move the operation forward to the next level of excellence.
• Experience understanding the impact of financial aspects of an operation (i.e. operating budget, revenue, labor, inventory systems, costs, etc.)
• Demonstrated skills to inspire and effect change
• Effectively communicate with empathy in written and verbal form.
• Demonstrated organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with attention to detail
• Demonstrated skills to see responsibilities through to completion
• Maintain positivity and a cast focus to engage and develop a diverse, multi-lingual team.
• Proficient in basic computer functions necessary to operate in a Windows environment and adapt to new technology
• Availability to work a flexible work schedule, including weekends, variable shifts and holidays
Preferred Qualifications:• Previous experience with Opera Property Management System or related property management systems
• Previous experience with HotSOS or similar service optimization software
• Previous experience working in a Housekeeping role or knowledge of chemicals, materials, cleaning technique and equipment
• Experience in a Forbes rated hotel or equivalent
• Demonstrated multilingual skills
• Prior leadership experience in a unionized environment
Required EducationHigh school diploma or equivalent
Preferred EducationBachelor's degree in hospitality or a related field or equivalent job experience
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.