Senior Manager Revenue Management and AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 788373BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 04, 2021
This position leverages technology, data analytics, and optimization to explore opportunities, shape business decisions, and drive business results through a high-powered team. Help create the vision for RM&A, setting the path forward from both a forecast and inventory planning standpoint to help the site optimize yield and drive revenue. Work with partners to understand new initiatives, drive the forecasts/plans for the site, and help influence decision making.
A successful candidate will have strong leadership, communication, partnering, and analytical skills, including experience leading analytical teams. The ideal candidate would be a dynamic, flexible leader that excels in building relationships and driving results.
Responsibilities:This position is responsible for revenue management functions that align the forecast with current demand in order to optimize revenue and to ensure current and future business objectives are met.
- Lead a highly analytical team in setting the revenue goals for Disneyland
- Play a key role in long-term plan, annual operating plan, monthly forecast reviews and commercial forums helping to form the strategic direction of the site
- Partner across the organization with key stakeholders in Finance, Consumer Insights, Sales, Pricing, Marketing, Industrial Engineering and Operations to drive optimal results
- Leverage data visualization techniques and communication skills to present complex analytical findings in clear business terms that facilitate acceptance and execution by business partners and senior executives
- Take an active approach to finance transformation, pushing the team to lead the way when it comes to using new techniques and tools to work smarter and continually re-evaluate the business
- Understand the relationship between the revenue forecast and inventory management, and take a prescriptive approach to offsetting risk and capitalizing on opportunity to drive revenue
- Influence through storytelling, understanding how the business operates to influence key executives and stakeholders
- Minimum 5 - 10 years statistical, analytical or strategic development experience
- Knowledge of forecasting and/or yield management
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Charismatic, dynamic leader and effective manager, who leads by example and will mentor a team to meet high profile and dynamic objectives
- Must be an excellent team player who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
- High energy level; strong work ethic
- Self-driven, independent thinker
- Great sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride in delivering quality results
- Understanding of revenue management concepts (i.e., dilution, displacement, etc.) and the theme park business
- Proven experience with and strong understanding of advanced analytical methods
- Proven experience with forecasting and/or demand planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, Economics, Data Science or a quantitative field or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, Economics, Data Science or a quantitative field or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.