Senior Manager- Sales Analytics & InsightsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10016899 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 19, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Senior Manager, Sales Analytics & Insights
Would you love to be part of a team that make sales data come to life? Do you want to uncover the trends that drive Disney sales? Do you enjoy working with partners to determine client engagement and evaluate performance measurement? Are you inquisitive by nature and driven to understand the business behind the magic?
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) segment of The Walt Disney Company. CIMA influences data-driven and consumer-centric decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights.
As a Senior Manager with Sales Analytics & Insights (SAI) in CIMA, you are responsible for leading a team discovering analytical insights that drives marketing and sales recommendations and uncovers opportunities to grow the business. The scope of the role includes overseeing teams bridging data from different systems, working with cross-functional teams, developing graphical quantitative reports, building succinct stories answering clients’ questions, and identifying value. The successful candidate will be a savvy hands-on leader who can deliver results, build effective relationships, and be able to influence senior levels across the organization. You will need to be familiar with teams selling Domestic Destinations (Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney and Aulani Resort & Spa).
The role reports to the Director, Sales Analytics & Insights and will be based in Anaheim, CA.
You’ll join a fast-paced team of professionals that enable data-driven capabilities and sales performance analytics for the Disney Destinations Sales Solutions organization. The Sales Analytics & Insights team provides objective decision support in the following areas: client and cast incentives, sales channel analytics, sales channel growth goals and sales strategy.
Each day the role of the Senior Manager is robust and evolving! Day to day responsibilities might include:
- Provide vision, strategic direction, leadership, development, and mentoring for a team of SAI leaders
- Develop and evaluate annual sales performance goals while identifying risks and opportunities to the business
- Have an understanding of different internal and external sales-related systems for consulting with internal clients
- Foster relationships with clients, other departments and stakeholders
- Develop new efficiencies and processes for providing insights to senior leaders
- Manage multiple short- and long-term projects simultaneously under changing and challenging constraints
- Evaluates sales-related challenges, and identifies considerations within the appropriate, broader business context
- Succinctly package the results of the qualitative and quantitative analysis into simple, compelling stories that enable all levels of leadership to make informed business decisions
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in business analytics and strategic planning or similar, preferably within the travel/hospitality industry
- Strong leadership skills over both direct and indirect reporting relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work across many areas of the company (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Finance, Consumer Insights, Legal) with the ability to integrate different points of view
- Solid analytical and technical problem solving skills, including strong knowledge of statistics and financial analysis
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, including the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver persuasive presentations to senior executives using simple, compelling stories
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced business environment and display professionalism and confidence in challenging situations
- Demonstrated business acumen, problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with the ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment and with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to identify and handle issues proactively and decisively with limited direction and oversight while also communicating consistently to executive leadership
- Proven experience with data operations, as well as understanding and documenting complex data processes
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, including inviting diverse perspectives, encouraging an inclusive work environment and supporting workforce diversity.
- DPEP experience with Sales and Travel Operations, Marketing, or Finance,
- Data and/or Business analytics experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain a conceptual understanding of a complex situation and establish immediate credibility
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Experience working with reporting and data mining tools such as Python, SAS, Teradata SQL, Tableau, and Business Objects
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with concentration in Business, Data Analysis, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Finance or similar discipline
Master’s degree or equivalent experience with a concentration in Business Administration, Data Mining & Analysis, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Finance or similar discipline
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.