Senior Mechanical Engineer-Utility and SustainingApply NowApply Later Job ID 946365BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 24, 2022
You will report to the Manager of Utility & Sustaining Engineering
- Support diverse lines of business such as Operations, Maintenance, Entertainment, Merchandise, Broadcast Services, and others, with answers to mechanical questions, code interpretation, and engineering and design solutions.
- Review maintenance and testing reports and provides technical guidance to the Facility Support Services (FSS) and the Attraction Engineering Services (ES) teams.
- Performance / management of HVAC system assessments, and inspections to evaluate conditions, operations and maintenance requirements of mechanical systems, engineer mechanical and piping systems to comply with different project scopes of work following applicable standards and regulations.
- Sustainability and energy efficient program development, implementation and system designs.
- Develop and maintain system models and review mechanical /piping system designs created by in-house and outside designers for accuracy, adequacy, quality, and completeness.
- Provide recommendations for mechanical /piping system improvements, enhancements, and replacements and ensure mechanical / piping projects comply with codes, e.g. CMC, CPC, NFPA, ASTM, EPA, CAL-OSHA, applicable insurance underwriter requirements, CGMP, Industrial Ventilation Standards, ASHRAE Standards, and Disneyland Resort standards.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in the engineering design and repair of mechanical systems.
- Experience in chiller, boiler, HVAC and compressed air systems equipment, pumps, meters valves, and distribution systems.
- Proficiency in the use of Email applications, AutoCAD, Revit, MS Office, Energy Pro, Trace, HAP.
- Working knowledge of CBC, CMC, CPC, OSHA, California Energy Code (Title 24), Thermal Load Calculations, energy modeling
- Ability to explain complex issues to non-technical peers and to management.
- Understanding of how engineering decisions relate to and affect the business
- Working knowledge of Carrier Comfort Works and IVue
- Experience implementing mechanical systems in the ESRI ArcGIS software
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering License (PE) in the State of California
- Masters Mechanical Engineering
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.