Senior Network Engineer
Anaheim, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 752000BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Mar. 06, 2020
Job Summary:The Business Design Services group is responsible for engineering and designing telecommunications and network system to meet business requirement, goals and objectives encompassing a wide range of transport topologies, advanced networking services and network protocols that are in accordance with Telecom Strategy & Architecture standards and guidelines. The Principal Network Engineer represents Telecom from a technology perspective and collaborates with Business units’ IT, Business units’ management, other DTSS teams and application architecture teams across all phases of the infrastructure lifecycle.
Responsibilities:The Network Engineers on this team are responsible for identifying the appropriate telecommunication, WAN, MAN, LAN, and Wi-Fi technology solutions that support and meet the customer’s business requirements. This position must be able to provide network designs, manage network implementations, and proactively provide status to the Business Units. Also acts as a technical resource to evaluate evolving Telecommunication technology and perform as a consultant interface to the Business Units for new company initiatives. The Sr. Network Engineer collaborates with the outsource supplier to communicate Disney network requirements and reviews the supplier recommended solutions/projects to ensure the design meets the business needs.
- 10 years of professional experience in a computer-related department on the specific architectures to be supported
- Vast experience in an enterprise environment that operates 7x24 services to a multitude of customers and business units. Media and ISP industry experience preferred.
- 10+years progressive data communications experience in WAN/MAN/LAN/Wi-Fi network design, configuration, evaluation, problem resolution and project management experience.
- Advanced communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide array of technical and managerial personnel to solve complex problems.
- Strong customer service skills and orientation.
- Knowledge of Industrial Networking – Theme Park Attraction Networks
- Possess knowledge of film entertainment, video distribution and broadcast business requirement.
- Expert knowledge/experience in Wide area and Local Area network design, configuration, installation, evaluation, problem resolution, and project management.
- Strong understanding of routing protocols including RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, RMTP, BGP etc. and telecommunication connectivity including MPLS, Private Line, Metro Ethernet, Site-to-Site VPN and internet.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all types of LAN environments (equipment hardware, software and cabling environment to support Ethernet single-mode and multi-mode fiber optics, Cisco Nexus, ASR, F5, Juniper, MacAfee, etc.)
- Proven technical expertise in the interfacing of network devices and service in a multi-platform computer and network environment (Wireless, VoIP, Video conferencing, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate, and manage complex projects: developing project plans/schedules; delivering a product or service in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Expert knowledge/experience in the utilization of data communications test tools and network management systems (e.g., sniffers, OPNET, SevOne, Cisco Works and HP Open View)
Ideal certifications would include one or a few of the following:
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE
- CCNA Industrial
- Juniper NCIP-Enterprise
- Sniffer Certified Expert/Master (SCE/SCM)
- ITILv3 Foundations
- Kepner-Tregoe problem solving methodology
Preferred Qualifications:Master’s Degree in the field of Mathematics, Computer Science or Business Technology or relevant experience
Required Education4-year degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Business Technology or relevant professional experience
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.