Senior Paralegal – LitigationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 744424BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 12, 2020
The Walt Disney Company is a diversified, international family entertainment and media organization whose operations include theme parks and resorts, filmed entertainment including motion pictures and television shows, home video products, records, consumer products, a cruise line, radio and television stations, broadcast and cable networks, Internet offerings and publishing activities.
We are seeking a litigation Paralegal to join the Disneyland Resort legal team. This position assists in-house and outside attorneys and an internal paralegal specialist with all facets of case preparation in a variety of litigation matters, primarily employment and personal injury.
- Assisting in gathering information for discovery responses and case development;
- Managing and internally reporting case plans, budgets, and invoicing;
- Investigating and preparing reports for responses to claims, demand letters, and litigation requests;
- Reviewing pleadings, discovery responses, and other litigation documents;
- Drafting and uploading litigation hold notices, requesting and reviewing documents for third party subpoenas, responding to unsolicited idea letters;
- Scheduling and assisting with site inspections, witness interviews, and depositions.
- The position requires experience in document collection and discovery, fact-finding and reporting, and case management. Candidates must demonstrate excellent judgment and be organized and detail-oriented, with a strong ability to analyze and communicate effectively.
- Candidates must have a minimum seven years’ of litigation experience in a reputable law firm or major in-house legal department and a paralegal certificate or equivalent. Case management and previous in-house experience is preferred. Previous experience at the Disneyland Resort is a plus.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.