Senior Safety ProfessionalApply NowApply Later Job ID 812412BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 27, 2021
As a Sr. Safety Professional, you'd join a dynamic, team that has a passion for spotting problems and the know-how to diminish them. Our Sr Safety Professionals truly enjoy keeping others safe, and the diversity of opportunity at Disneyland Resort is unrivalled in the industry. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please apply today!
You will report to Team Leader of Safety.
Think about it: Guests who come to our Parks and resorts trust us with their children, and the families of our co-workers trust us with their loved ones. This really puts into perspective just how necessary safety has been to Disney's success over the years. Our Sr Safety Professionals have "earned a seat" at every table and are involved in all aspects of Parks operations, from the blueprint stage to ongoing maintenance. Sr Safety Professionals work in every area of our Parks and Resorts, from kitchens, hotel rooms and attractions, to veterinary clinics, horticultural shops – even our massive laundry facilities. You'd be part of a matrix-style team where all levels of leadership work towards incident reduction through the development of smart, targeted safety programs. This is a senior-level safety position with negligible guidance from Leadership. You will make decisions independently and will demonstrate superior technical safety knowledge.
Every day as a Safety Professional is different! On any given day, you might:
- Insure the ergonomic safety of our dancers, stunt people, performers and puppeteers
- Find new ways to keep beloved characters like Mickey Mouse cool on hot summer days
- Embed in a team that's building a new attraction, starting with blueprints and working through to opening
- Provide findings – good or bad – to leadership, because they trust our Sr Safety Professionals to be completely candid at all times
- Grow your career by attending conferences and other learning opportunities – Disney encourages this!
- Check emergency egress, smoke detector placement and fire door functionality in a luxury resort
- Work mostly outdoors – your "office" is Disneyland
- Analyze injury and illness data, prepare presentations on trends and mitigation plans, then share them with your peers/leaders
- Work independently or as part of a team, often on the same day
- Identify opportunities to improve safety in areas such as manufacturing, production, warehouse, transportation, F&B, lodging, construction, entertainment and attractions
- Enjoy the perks and benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, including movie screenings, deep discounts on things you can really use, and free entry to our Parks using your Gate Pass!
- 5+ years of industrial safety experience in a related industry such as petrochemical, construction, maintenance, manufacturing, hospitality, entertainment/theatrical, transportation, distribution/warehouse
- Knowledge and hands-on application of regulatory standards, best-practices and guidelines, such as confined space, hazardous energy, incident investigation and root-cause analysis
- Expert in recognizing hazards and propose mitigations
- To be clearly understood, excellent written and verbal skills are necessary
- Proficient in each of WDP&R's leadership competencies (Leadership, Management, Technical, and Relationships)
- The poise to work independently and as a team member
- Creatively resolve problems – sometimes in areas outside your realm of expertise – and work within a dynamic, sometimes ambiguous atmosphere
- Deploy analytics and trends to improve safety
- Project management, planning and prioritization skills
- You will provide direction – complete projects by being consultative, and by resolving conflicts
- Passion for mentoring others through training and feedback
- You will also:
- stand for 8 hours or more
- walk several miles in a day
- work in inclement weather
- wear personal protection equipment
- lift/carry equipment
- climb steps, ladders and scaffolds
- work in confined and dark spaces
- work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and evenings
- Ten or more years of demonstrated safety management experience in the entertainment/hospitality industry
- Basic ergonomic, industrial hygiene or food safety experience
- Proficiency in a second language
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and/or health, industrial hygiene, life science, physical science or engineering
- Advanced degree in occupational Safety & Health or a related field
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- CIH or CPE certification
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.