Senior Security Engineer - Mobile Application Security
Anaheim, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 770510BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 19, 2020
Job Summary:Work within the Mobile Application Security team that is responsible for assessing mobile/video game/VR/Smart Home Apps/IoT applications for vulnerabilities that could lead to the application being compromised by attackers. This team actively works with the development and release management teams to assess all mobile and IoT applications for vulnerabilities prior to the applications going live. The team also consults with new projects on security best practices and promotes security first approach to new initiatives.
- Reverse engineer and conduct penetration testing of mobile, games and IoT applications for vulnerabilities prior to release in production
- Analyze source code using a combination of automated tools and manual review
- Work closely with development and change management teams as part of the SDLC following production release timelines
- Optimize mobile application security testing for efficiency through automation using scripts and custom built tools
- Contribute and collaborate with other Information Security team members across the broad spectrum of information security programs, such as Threat & Vulnerability Management, Security Response, Information Protection, Risk, and Compliance
- Communicate vertically and horizontally to keep stakeholders informed
- May perform other duties and responsibilities necessary to support and protect the business
- Experience with Mobile and IoT applications
- A minimum of 2 years’ technical experience in cyber security, mobile security, app development, penetration testing, security auditing, vulnerability assessment or malware analysis
- Experience with packet capturing and network analysis using proxy applications or custom scripts
- Good organization skills and attention to detail
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Highly flexible and adaptive; able to multi-thread across a number of simultaneous work efforts
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of common web and mobile application vulnerabilities, such as the OWASP Top 10 for web and mobile, and ability to provide solutions
- Ability to solve complex problems and develop creative alternatives, as well as, continuous process improvement skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as part of a high performance team
- Familiarity with static analysis, dynamic analysis, and interactive application security testing tools
- Experience with runtime testing of mobile applications using tools like FRIDA, Objection, MobSF, IDA Pro, Ghidra or equivalent
- Experience with network analysis tools like Burp Suite or Charles Proxy
- Experience testing web applications and associated APIs or backend services
- Strong command line experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python for automation purposes
- Knowledge of mobile programming languages such as Java, Objective C, Kotlin and Swift
Required EducationBachelor of Science
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.