Senior Software Engineer
Anaheim, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 737305BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 12, 2020
Job Summary:As a Sr. Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on the Ride Control aspect of Registered Attractions for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. You will be hands on, designing, developing, editing, troubleshooting PLC software code as well as some hardware troubleshooting of PLC modules. This is a highly dynamic work environment with rapidly changing priorities where you will be providing technical direction; delivering troubleshooting resolution; analyzing control system/software hazards; and leading technical projects. In this senior capacity, you are expected to be able to act autonomously for day-to-day activities with limited/general oversight and recommend changes to established procedures. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, service provider work environments, machine learning, and safety.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of Sustaining Engineering projects or tasks.
- Perform risk/hazard analysis of ride control software; discuss in peer reviews; and inform management of final decisions/resolutions.
- Select systems and equipment that will satisfy design parameters; and ensure that all ride control changes adhere to local standards as well as compliance with applicable codes such as ASTM, NFPA, OSHA, etc…
- Take part in priority discussions with our working Partners. This includes Engineering Services Teams; Design and Engineering project Teams; and WDI
- Track project status and Attraction downtime trends. Propose engineering efforts to improve downward trends.
- Stay apprised of the latest developments in ride control system technology, equipment and materials so that designs can be cost-effective, energy-efficient and reliable systems.
- Ability to work during off-hours/3rd shift hours as needed to support projects/attractions
- Controls Systems experience with 5+ years in the amusement park industry or industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Control System Software focused troubleshooting experience and/or knowledge of PLC’s
- Electrical motor controls including variable frequency drives and soft starts
- Operational and troubleshooting knowledge of a variety of industrial automation hardware including sensors, relays, encoders, etc…
- Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory certifications such as UL, TUV, ETL, etc...
- Object oriented programming, i.e., C/C++
- Ability read drawings and interconnect diagrams for control systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- California Professional Registration
- Knowledge gained by experience in the following:
- Controls circuit design and/or troubleshooting
- PDL - program design language
- ICL - imagineer's control language
- Theory of operations
- Audio/Visual systems
- Systems reliability
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking (switches, routers, IP ports, firewalls) wired and/or wireless protocols
- Knowledge of safety rated PLC’s and their uses/applications.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an engineering or science discipline (Electronic Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.