Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Sourcing Specialist, Design and ConstructionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 660042BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 10, 2019
The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will be a part of a team responsible for the Sourcing & Procurement activities related to construction projects and construction services, with a focus on client, category, and supplier management. We partner with the Walt Disney Imagineering Teams, in strategy development, competitive bidding, supplier selection, contract negotiation, contract administration and ongoing supplier relationship management. The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will report to the Category Manager, Strategic Sourcing Manager and/or Strategic Sourcing Director.
Responsibilities:The Senior Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing commercial and technical contractual arrangements through competitive bids and contract negotiations. This individual should have proven proficiency with all aspects of the sourcing process for design and construction services and should have experience with various contracting methodologies, including but not limited to lump sum, design-build, guaranteed maximum cost, blanket/master agreements and general procurement of goods and services. Other responsibilities include:
- Evaluate suppliers and consultants based on pre-determined selection criteria.
- Analyze historical data to provide a baseline to support savings and cost avoidance.
- Lead RFQ/RFP processes for construction and professional services in accordance with TWDC policy and procedures.
- Analyze bids based on best value in order to achieve overall optimal value.
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiation strategies utilizing Strategic Sourcing methodology.
- Prepare and execute contracts as well as perform post-award administration.
- Understand and assist in the development and execution of performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness and cost.
- Ensure compliance with Strategic Sourcing policies and best practices.
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical external relationships that could affect planning and decision-making.
- Analyze market industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers and/or pricing.
- Collaborate with other sourcing teams to consolidate efforts when bidding same categories.
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices.
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances.
- Issue internal reports to Management and Stakeholders related to department spend and savings initiatives.
- Advocate the utilization of Women, Minority and Veteran Owned Business Enterprises, per Disney’s WMVBE policy.
- Provide support to multiple segments as needed.
- 3-5 years of design/construction-related experience in the strategic sourcing disciplines.
- Ability to interact with and establish relationships with employees at all levels
- Strong strategic agility
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to effectively report out findings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Internal customer focus and excellent internal client support skills
- Ability/desire to work in a diverse environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Knowledge of Sourcing & Procurement processes, basic legal terms and conditions, and entertainment industry trends and conditions
- Experience in drafting and executing design, construction, service, and professional agreements as well as change orders.
- Established experience working with legal department on matters concerning boilerplate revisions to terms and conditions.
- Ability to work with and adapt to company systems, such as SAP and Ariba along with a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to travel (position may require 5-10% travel)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in business or another quantitative discipline preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.