Sign Painter - Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 964601BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 04/24/2022
Starting Pay Rate
The starting pay rate for this position is $32.21 per hour
Sign Painters are responsible for maintaining existing signs as well as creating new show-quality signs. They are also responsible for maintaining lettering, striping and graphics for Disneyland Resort.
- Restore and maintain existing On Stage and Backstage signage and graphics using all available photos, sketches, blueprints, and other documentation - to Disney standards
- Design and produce new signs using useful ideas with visual appeal, appropriate size, theming, material, and shape – under the direction of Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI)
- Produce new project signs from WDI supplied sketches, blueprints, and specs
- Read work orders, help coordinate needs with other crafts, and track the job until it is picked-up, delivered or installed. If needed, contact the requestor for clarification regarding the work requested, the work procedures, and the materials required
- Use basic hand tools and/or electric hand tools (using the appropriate personal protective equipment) to complete work
- Completes projects in a professional and timely manner with minimal supervision, taking into consideration budgets and deadlines.
Basic QualificationsSchedule Availability
- Typical schedule is Monday through Friday with occasional shifts on Saturday and Sunday; however, be available to work any day and shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, and overtime.
- Experience, skills and abilities to perform the duties listed under “Responsibilities,” above
- Exceptional brush-lettering skills
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of graphic design, color theory and letter forms
- Ability to design, layout, and produce signs on a variety of substrates using hand lettering, screen-printing, air brushing, aging and graining, and basic computer techniques
- Ability to use layout, design, measurement and production tools common to commercial and graphic artists. Proficiency with water- and oil-based paints and inks
- Familiarity with - or the ability to learn - the Computerized Maintenance Management System (MAXIMO)
Additional Information:Those assigned to the Sign Painter position are required to attend an annual Respiratory Protection Training class and a Lead Awareness class. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test, and a semi-annual lead/zinc blood test.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs , DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, Facilities, HeroesWorkHere
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.