Sourcing Specialist IIIApply NowApply Later Job ID 953764BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Apr. 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The focus of this role is part of the Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. Strategic Sourcing team primarily supporting stakeholders in Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI). The Sourcing Specialist will execute sourcing decisions in selecting service providers to maximize the value of multi-million dollar annual spend, and to mitigate risks through smart contract negotiations. This includes supporting key category and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), writing contracts, developing and running RFPs, negotiating deals, managing suppliers, ensuring regulatory compliance, facilitating process improvements and bringing stakeholders together for collaboration to leverage opportunities.
Responsibilities:The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing commercial and technical contractual arrangements through competitive bids and contract negotiations. This individual should have a proven proficiency with all aspects of the sourcing process for design, professional and construction services, and should have experience with various contracting methodologies, including but not limited to lump sum, design build, guaranteed maximum cost, blanket/master agreements and general procurement of goods and services. Other responsibilities include:
- Evaluate suppliers and consultants based on pre-determined selection criteria
- Analyze historical data to provide a baseline to support savings and cost avoidance
- Facilitate and lead a Request for Qualification (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP) or Invitation to Bid (ITB) from start to finish (inquiry to contract award/execution), with all associated contract management support through close-out. Includes contracts for design/engineering, professional/consulting services and construction.
- Advise, identify and mitigate potential risk throughout the ITB process, which includes, but is not limited to bidder list development, sourcing/contract strategy input & development and compilation/facilitation of a complete ITB/RFP (includes scope of work/services, schedule, drawings, specs, etc.).
- Analyze bids based on best value in order to achieve overall optimal value
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiation strategies utilizing Strategic Sourcing methodology
- Prepare and execute contracts as well as perform post-award administration
- Understand and assist in the development and execution of performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness and cost
- Ensure compliance with Strategic Sourcing policies and best practices
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical external relationships that could affect planning and decision-making
- Analyze market industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers and/or pricing
- Ability to effectively engage all internal stakeholders (leadership, legal, risk management, diversity & inclusion) for key decision making and consensus associated with project portfolio contract/packaging strategies, contract awards or other key matters critical to the line of business.
- Mentor/train interns or newer cast in sourcing process/procedure
- Collaborate with other sourcing teams to consolidate efforts when bidding same categories
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Issue internal reports to Management and Stakeholders related to department spend and savings initiatives
- Advocate the utilization of Diverse Business Enterprises
- Provide support to multiple segments as needed
- Some work responsibilities (e.g. facilitating prebid meetings) will require meeting in the field and/or on Property outside of normal business hours (i.e. prior to Park opening, etc.)
- 1-3 years working within a design/construction-related industry
- Ability to interact with and establish relationships with employees and team members at all levels
- Strong strategic agility
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to effectively report out findings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Internal customer focus and excellent internal client support skills
- Ability/desire to work in diverse and ever-changing environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Knowledge of Sourcing processes, basic legal terms and conditions, and entertainment industry trends and conditions
- Experience in drafting and executing design, construction, service, and professional agreements as well as change orders.
- Established experience working with legal department on matters concerning boilerplate revisions to terms and conditions
- Ability to work with and adapt to company systems, such as SAP and Ariba along with a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to travel (position may require 5-10% travel)
- Undergraduate degree in any above-mentioned related field/discipline
- Master’s degree in business or another quantitative discipline
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.