Sous Chef (Club 33)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 10076568 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted Jan. 25, 2024
As a Sous Chef, you will cook at the highest level as well as lead a culinary team for our Signature Restaurants. In this role, you continually exemplify leadership, development, support and motivation to direct reports; creating a vibrant, positive environment that encourages excellence. You will work well with our front-of-the-house partners to create a collaborative environment; inspiring creativity, teamwork, and ownership required to achieve excellent execution of fine dining for one of our Signature Restaurants.
The Signature Restaurants currently include Napa Rose, Carthay Circle, Club 33 and 21 Royal.
- Expertise in all aspects of Culinary Arts, such as butchery, saucier, pastry and modern techniques
- Superior knowledge in different cuisine styles, such as French, Spanish, Italian, Mediterranean, American regional and Asian
- The ability to strategically and thoughtfully write and implement seasonally inspired menus
- Build Teams through trust, collaboration, and education.
- Effectively communicate the vision of Signature Restaurants
- Manage cost: Food cost, kitchen labor, etc
- Able to cultivate and foster strong relationships with fellow Artisans, Farmers, Fishmongers, Ranchers and Foragers
You Have/Basic Qualifications...
- 5 plus years of Culinary Management experience in a fine dining environment
- Strong written/communication skills
- Computer skills, especially with Excel
- Understanding of cost and ability to take ownership of restaurant operations
- Strong kitchen, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with variable shifts and days off in a rapidly changing environment
- Superior knowledge of quality ingredients and how to execute fine dining
- Understanding of Wine pairing and service trends
- Understanding of Nutrition and dietary preferences
- Understanding of guest service with possible experience as a bartender and/or server
- Higher level education
- Associate's Degree in culinary arts or equivalent work experience
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
The hiring range for this position in Anaheim is $77,100 to $103,400 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.