Sr Claims Asst-Technical (CR) (05)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 952634BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 04/18/2022
The Workers’ Compensation Technical Claims Assistant in collaboration with all the resources available and as authorized by the Claims Examiner, ensures the processing of any and all benefits necessary to cure or relieve the effects of an occupational injury or illness is completed. The Workers Compensation Technical Claims Assistant effectively works within their assigned team, on behalf the injured Cast Member and provider to facilitate the Cast Member’s recovery.
This is a highly collaborative role that requires outstanding customer service and communication skills with an understanding of the importance of brand management.
- The Technical Claims Specialist provides support and management of daily workflow within the assigned team for the following:
- Daily processing of examiner indemnity diaries, error sheets, payments with appropriate Division of Workers’ Compensation benefit notices, lien objections, bill payments as authorized by the Claims Examiner, stop payment processing on lost benefit checks, 72 hour Notice of litigation claims, treatment denials as authorized by Department Staff, medical report submissions to DLR Health Services.
- Preparation and processing of medical appointment correspondence, cover letters and medical reports pulled from document management system. Other letters or legal documents including but not limited to Stipulations with Request for Award, Compromise and Release, Petitions, Ratings, Voucher documents, ISO Claims Search requests, retrieval and return of files from off-site storage and certified mailings.
- Preparation of File and Service documents including but not limited to litigated files, medical reports, Health Services, HRIC, medical records, offers of modified / alternate work, Independent Medical Review documents and other as authorized by the Claims Examiner.
- Processing of payments including but not limited to lien settlements, awards, mileage, indemnity benefits and reimbursements.
- Provide technical administrative assistance to Workers Compensation Team Managers, answer department phone on rotation, which includes managing department voicemail.
- General knowledge of office machinery and calling trouble tickets for printers, scanners and fax in need of service or repair.
- Provide clerical support for claims data management which includes but is not limited to: claim address changes, status screens in CARS, phone numbers, Last Day Work/Return to Work screens, Modified Work Screens, Legal Screens, and Maximum Medical Improvement status dates, contacts as applicable.
- Daily oversight of mail and processing USPS mailings which includes opening, date stamping, index, scanning, processing electronic fax documents (including Utilization Review letters) and processing paper faxes received on department paper fax.
- Provides detailed evaluation and permanent disability rating skills.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years’ experience in claims assisting occupational claims in California.
- Proficient understanding of the key elements of the California Labor Code pertaining to waiting periods, payment schedules and
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent time management skills demonstrated by the ability to prioritize multiple issues and ensure timely completion of work. Proficient in use of automated claims management systems, paperless document management systems, and multiple web access portals, Microsoft office suite.
- Bilingual – Spanish helpful
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Additional Information:#LegalAffairs, #Corp_media, #twdcmedia
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.