Sr Event Programming ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 886755BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 24, 2021
You will report to the Manager, Event Programming.
- Ideate and create event concepts based on our needs
- Build the programming and content development of all assigned projects.
- Be a thought leader and solicit diverse opinions/ideas throughout the programing/ideation process.
- Work with revenue management, marketing strategy, event strategy, and other partners/clients
- Provide content, synergy, industry benchmark, and creative expertise for event concepts to move through workflow into Event Production.
- Partner with finance to manage the development of P&Ls, event production budgets and risk analysis.
- Cultivate relationships with partners, agencies, talent, sponsors and others
- Ensure assigned events' documentation, communication, and project work is completed following established processes.
- Contribute to an agile team that can respond quickly to requests while providing recommendations on feasibility and risk to leadership.
- Advocate for event and day Guests by building experiences that benefit both with minimal impact.
- Provide project-based direction to Event Coordinators with a focus on teamwork, open collaboration, and communication.
- Ensure all department standards, processes, and expectations are followed.
- Contribute and lead workflow discussions with status checks on events in development, ideas from leadership, and other inputs.
- Maintain working knowledge of Disney IP, Disneyland Resort capabilities/assets, and any other creative elements needed to develop outstanding events.
- Maintain a vault of event and revenue generating concepts that can easily be activated.
- Maintain a working relationship with the Manager, Event Programming and the Sr. Manager, Event Programing & Production by provide regular status updates on assigned events and any other relevant information.
- Communicate any items that need escalation.
- Maintain working knowledge of expectations for assigned events including overall capacity, wait times, contingency plans, and all operational plans
- Always collect post-event feedback from consumer insights, industrial engineering, guest communications and other partners to improve events.
- Can creatively conceptualize while providing an analytical lens to operationalize concepts.
- Experience creating integrated events.
- A reputation for creative leadership, the inclusion of diverse ideas, and bringing these ideas into existence.
- Written, verbal, and public communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and experience solving problems.
- Demonstrated computer skills to include MS Office, PowerPoint, Keynote, drawing/design tools, cloud storage tools, and SAP.
- Documented experience with moderate-to large-scale events.
- Experience in Event Development, Operations, Entertainment or other Theme Park roles.
- You can work weekends and nights when necessary.
- High School Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.