Sr Guest Claims AdminApply NowApply Later Job ID 10027212 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
DRL Senior Guest Claims Administrator, Guest Claims
Protect the magic by preventing and mitigating risk at the Disneyland Resort. The Risk Management Services team is comprised of Guest Claims and Workers’ Compensation and strives to create a world where there are no incidents or claims. As a member of the Guest Claims team, you’ll play an integral role in supporting that work.
A Senior Guest Claims Administrator is part of a fast-paced and dynamic claims team that handles general liability bodily injury & property claims including automobile and products liability, for business segments of the Disneyland and Aulani Resorts. Key responsibilities include driving business performance by providing great Disney Guest Service in the way we interact with our Guests and Cast, investigate and assess liability exposure of claims in a timely manner, and exercise strong negotiation skills in attempting to resolve claims. Additionally, you will proactively work to protect our brand by engaging in data-driven storytelling with our operating partners to mitigate risk.
This role requires being willing and able to be on call 24/7, respond on scene as needed, and to respond professionally to high-pressure situations.
- Receive and process confidential incident reports, determine liability and effectively manage incidents that become claims.
- Investigate and evaluate claims by obtaining statements, photographs and records.
- Regularly identify and communicate trends to Risk Management partners and influence a reduction in frequency and severity of claims.
- Participate in legal reviews.
- Investigate, evaluate and follow through on Guest safety issues.
- Input claim notes, maintain supporting documentation and evaluations, and prepare management reviews.
- Provide input to improve processes and assist Guest Claims team members with on-going learning.
Adaptability and Influence
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with Operations and Safety to mitigate risk.
- Ability to reach creative resolutions leveraging company resources when appropriate.
- Adapt quickly to change and display flexibility and agility when faced with challenges or ambiguity.
- Engage with Cast, at all levels, with professionalism and respect when investigating claims to establish future support.
- Establish a professional rapport and trust with Guests through prompt, courteous, and straight-forward communication.
- Identify relevant information that will assist in the fair evaluation, and possible resolution, of a claim.
- Recognize, respond to, and timely elevate incidents that have brand, financial, or regulatory exposure.
- Experience and working knowledge of property and casualty insurance, and claims administration.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a case load with competing priorities.
- Proactive communicator with strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver concise, but informative written summaries in memo and presentation format, with appropriate use of professional grammar.
- Ability to effectively distill and analyze information obtained during investigations.
- Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential information.
- “Effectively communicate recommendations to support effective (appropriate) resolutions of claims.”
- Functional knowledge and understanding of the Disneyland Resort brand, operations, policies, and procedures.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience administering general liability claims.
- High School diploma or equivalent, and a minimum 5 years of progressive leadership experience in insurance, risk management, safety, or related business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Risk Management, or related field.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.