Sr Hearing Rep AsstApply Now Apply Later Job ID 731260BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 24, 2019
Protect the magic by preventing and mitigating risk at the Disneyland Resort. The Risk Management Services team is comprised of Guest Claims and Workers’ Compensation, and strives to create a world where there are no incidents or claims. As a member of the holistic Workers’ Compensation team, you’ll play a critical role in supporting that work.
The Hearing Representative Assistant works in collaboration with the Hearing Representatives, Claims Examiners and WC Management team in all claim matters involving litigation or legal services.
- Supports and assists the DLR WC Litigation program currently staffed by two Sr. Hearing Representatives.
- Ensures proper coding and entry of data and demographics involving new litigation in CARS is completed timely and correctly.
- Prepares Notices of Deposition as directed by Hearing Representative, contacts opposing counsel and sets calendar entries.
- Manages WC Department Legal Calendar for all appearances by Hearing Representatives. Updates calendar for Litigation Update Meetings with Claims Examiners, Team Managers and Manager of Workers Compensation.
- Prepares Hearing Representatives court files by indexing, electronically pulling and collating documents from document management system and providing electronic court file for Hearing Representative’s review and use in court.
- Converts documents as needed using PDF software and ensures proper scanning of legal documents.
- Identifies, indexes and processes legal mail from e-fax software.
- Utilizes E-Filing system to deliver documents to the WCAB including troubleshooting, reporting and document research for claims staff.
- Utilizes Box.net system to deliver and troubleshoot issues with prepared documents to Hearing Rep iPads and computer equipment
- Processes subpoena requests for records
- Two to Three years’ experience as a Workers Compensation assistant and/or experience working in a defense law firm.
- Excellent computer software skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Edocs, EFile system, Box.net, Remote Access. Ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Excellent listening and customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management, prioritizing and project management from start to finish.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree/Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university
- Certificate Computer Science or equivalent a definitive plus
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.