Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Mechanical EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 668530BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 14, 2019
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
This position is an Owner’s role with in Design & Engineering, which is part of the Disney Facilities & Operations Services team.
Responsibilities:The Senior Mechanical Engineer provides technical support for the maintenance of HVAC and other mechanical and plumbing systems throughout the Disneyland Resort (Parks, Downtown Disney, and Hotels). The mechanical systems include but are not limited to; chiller plants, boiler plants, compressed air plants, associated pumps, instrumentation and distribution systems. The plumbing systems include domestic water, gas, sanitary and storm systems. In this role, the engineer would be working with fellow engineers, plant-operating engineers and maintenance engineers.
Projects span from troubleshooting, small to large retrofits and new projects, supporting energy efficiency and water saving measures. Responsibilities can include preparing RFP, design drawings, calculations, reviewing submittals and staying on schedule and budget.
The position also assists with master planning the Resort’s mechanical and plumbing utilities, work with Resort partners in the development of mechanical standards; and act in the interest of the "Resort owner" in reviewing outside consultant work for larger projects for compliance to applicable codes, standards and maintenance reliability and accessibility. Provide "day of" response to maintenance teams and various lines of business (LOB's) which may include on occasion outside of normal business hours.
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will also be involved in performance/management of system assessments and inspections to evaluate conditions, operations and maintenance requirements and proposals for funding for system improvements. Develop and maintain system models and review piping system designs created by in-house and outside designers for accuracy, adequacy, quality, and completeness.
- Professional Engineering License (PE) in the State of California. This role may require stamping / signing contract documents including drawings, specs, etc.
- California Certificate in Plumbing Engineering (CPD)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the engineering design and repair of mechanical systems.
- Construction administration experience.
- Experience in a Facility Support role.
- Campus and/or entertainment experience.
- Knowledge and acumen for system safety.
- Experience using computer-based engineering and design tools.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD software, MS Office.
- Extensive knowledge of CBC, CMC, CPC, CEC, NFPA, OSHA, Title 24, ASHREA, Cal OSHA, and ASPE.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, listening, and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly to technical and non-technical peers and to management.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Strong personal integrity and customer focus.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with electrical, control and structural systems for coordination.
- Experience using AFT Arrow and Fathom, TRACE and Energy Pro analysis software.
- Experience using ESRI ArcGIS software and systems.
- Knowledge of Carrier Comfort Works and IVue.
- BA/BS Mechanical Engineering Required
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.