Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Project Manager (Construction)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 498875BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Date posted 05/18/2018
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
A Senior Project Manager is responsible for the direction and implementation of a portfolio of construction projects, ensuring consistency with department strategy, commitments, and goals. The Senior Project Manager leads and directs the progress on each project including initial planning, scope development, contracting, construction, and closeout; maintaining leadership responsibility throughout the project life cycle. The Senior Project Manager will define the project’s objectives, determine the appropriate partners, and oversee quality control while meeting strict deadlines and managing the project budget and will also participate in strategy development, leading and managing team members, and coordinating vendor participation.
- SAFETY - Responsible for overall project safety, obtaining final approval for a contractor-submitted safety plan, and compliance with the project safety plan. Includes: compliance with all regulatory (OSHA) requirements, corporate governance requirements, and FAM SOG’s.
- PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT - Responsible for the development, planning, execution, and closeout of all aspects of the portfolio management (with direct reports) throughout the project life, and development of the program Integrated Facility Plan. Includes: project design, development, implementation, budget, management of individual portfolio to maintain cash flows per quarter, maintaining accurate EFC’s for financial reporting, and maintenance of all job files. Makes suggestions to lessen operational impact, and negotiates with operators to implement projects in the most cost effective manner.
- TEAMWORK AND COLLABORATION – Assemble project teams with internal and external resources to successfully complete all assigned projects. Oversee the efforts of all project team members to ensure that they are working as an integrated team in delivering against project goals. Develop and maintain positive relationships with team members and customers / clients. Partner with all lines of business (LOB) to ensure the final product best meets the intended business objective.
- CONTRACT DEVELOPMENT - Develops bid strategies with Procurement including administration of contracts, scope of work, unit costing items, bid alternates, and operational constraints required for contract preparation.
- PROJECT SCHEDULE - Responsible for the project schedule, establishing critical path tasks to ensure schedule compliance, and ensuring proper man loading requirements by contractors to achieve the desired completion date. Foresees issues based on historical precedence and mitigates known risk.
- CLIENT COMMUNICATION - Responsible for coordinating operational constraints and job objectives concurrently to achieve as seamless a project implementation as possible. Including timely communication with business partners, clients and leadership regarding project status, schedule, financial and guest impacts.
- TECHNICAL COMPETENCY - Technically competent with various software programs, such as SAP, Microsoft suite, and project management tools. Utilize project and contract management systems to manage the daily operation of the business, and to develop a portfolio Integrated Facility Plan.
- PROCESS COMPETENCY - Responsible for timely issuance of field directives, obtaining costing concurrence from Estimating, conversion to change orders, and management approvals to ensure accurate EFC reporting and timely job closeouts. Able to develop a project capital authorization request, and build mitigation of operational impacts into the process.
- LEADERSHIP - Leads, mentors, and manages team to prioritize and accomplish high impact project activities. Trains individuals on project management processes, professional development, and looks for ways to incorporate diversity within the team.
- Proven knowledge of project management process and demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of projects in excess of $10M annually.
- Proven knowledge of project accounting, estimating, scheduling, budgeting, document management, best value contracting, contract management and cost forecasting
- Knowledge of construction materials, methods and techniques. Familiarity with all construction applicable codes, i.e., UBC, NEC & UFC
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to prepare presentations for department management review that drive related decisions
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated computer skills in Windows, Excel, Access, Expedition
- Ability to communicate with all levels, including hourly crafts as well as executives.
- Ability to prepare and deliver executive presentations
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to identify project related risks and propose mitigation plans.
- Six years of project management / construction management in hospitality, commercial and industrial construction. Theme park construction experience a plus.
- Four year college degree (BA / BS) in project / construction management or related field or 2 years of college and 8+ years of applicable hands on project / construction experience. Or 10 years of experience without a degree.
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.