Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Orlando, FL - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 767361BR Location Anaheim, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 03, 2020
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
This position is for an eager Senior Site Reliability Engineer to play an integral role on our Parks Commercial Systems team to help elevate practices, promote and onboard new technologies, solve complex problems, and integrate next generation digital platforms.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering disciplines to build and operationalize large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SREs are talented engineers that improve the resiliency of production systems and reduce operational toil using a data driven approach.
The Senior SRE will help support business critical systems for our guests and cast members within our Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment. This includes consulting, architecting, developing, and operationalizing infrastructure, applications, automation, creating telemetry for monitoring, and engineering high reliability and reinforcing operational best practices.
The ideal candidate is passionate about constantly learning, applying technology to solve complex problems, highly motivated, optimistic, proactive, and a creative thought leader.
- Fluent in core scripting languages and advanced skills in programming languages (e.g. Python, Node, Java, etc) with ability to build test coverage for all software being developed.
- Systems administration expertise with Linux and Windows platforms, including OS performance monitoring, setup, configuration, tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with a major Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tool (e.g. AppDynamics, New Relic)
- Networking skills and protocols (e.g. HTTP, TLS, SSH, DNS)
- Continuous Integration (CI) Pipeline knowledge (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab CI)
- Experience with Distributed Systems and Container Platforms (e.g. Kubernetes/GKE, ECS, Fargate)
- Experience with Source Control Management systems (e.g. Git)
- Expertise in public and private cloud hosting services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Expert in web server technologies (e.g. Apache, Node.js, Nginx, Tomcat) including setup, configuration, performance monitoring, tuning, clustering, and debugging.
- Proficient with data technologies (e.g. NoSQL, MySQL, Redis, Elastic) including being able to perform basic setup, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Able to implement existing base standards for new systems and/or applications for all of the following:
- Site/Systems monitoring and instrumentation
- Application monitoring and instrumentation
- System monitoring and instrumentation
- Resilience, performance & Telemetry data
- Able to diagnose simple to complex system and process problems.
- Demonstrate exceptional troubleshooting methodology, including the ability to author and instruct new methodologies to the SRE team.
- Independently resolve moderately to highly complex system and application incidents.
- Able to identify and propose system and application fixes for performance bottlenecks.
- Able to evaluate new application requirements for capacity and run-time best practices.
- Able to evaluate new systems and/or infrastructure solutions for technical feasibility against known requirements and standards.
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or technology related field or equivalent work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.