Already applied?View Dashboard
Stable Attendant- Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 524689BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disneyland Resort Date posted 05/24/2018
The starting rate for a Stable Attendant is $11.30 per hour.
- Performs basic care for Guests' animals by providing watering. Cast Members are required to clean cages and yard area after use.
- Cast Members answer questions; provide directions/event information, and other services creating a magical experience for our Guests and Cast Members. Must have a positive attitude.
- Cast Members will be required to operate a tractor or a truck and trailer (training provided) must have valid driver license
- Cast Members feed; provide care, exercise, and groom horses and exotic animals. (Grooming horses includes picking up and cleaning out the hooves of each horse every day).
- Occasionally pulls and maneuvers 25-50 lb. bales of hay. (Some bales may weigh up to 120 lbs. that need to be rolled or tipped into a wagon.
- Maintains the grounds by sweeping and raking
- Responsible for all things equine. This includes daily feeding of a variety of draft horses, harnessing for Main St, and keeping all equipment clean and in good working order.
- Must have equine behavior knowledge; reading a horse’s body language, etc to avoid an accident at all costs.
- Cast Members administer medications and medical treatments to animals and assess the animals for signs of injury or illness
- Must be able to work with hay, dust, wood shavings, grains, and a variety of domestic and exotic animals
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
- This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Previous experience working with large animals such as horses, sheep, cows, and goats.
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred.
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles. SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page. IMPORTANT: You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.