Already applied?View Dashboard
Staff Controls Technical SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 866286BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 10/07/2021
The majority of your time will be spent doing the design, development, testing and sustaining of the server and network architecture of these systems including software updates needed to maintain the Human Machine Interface for these systems. The remaining time will be spent supporting project and maintenance efforts in lighting control systems, energy management systems, and other Resortwide facility control systems.
You will be reporting to the Team Leader of Utilities and Infrastructure.
- Be the lead administrator of the operational technology applications for the Energy Management System, Power Management and Control Systems, utility monitoring and reporting system, lighting control systems, Alarm Manager, Facility Time Scheduler and water filtration systems
- Commission, maintain, upgrade, backup and troubleshoot OT issues
- Develop and maintain documentation, such network and server architecture diagrams, software configuration, etc
- Partner with cybersecurity and network engineering groups at the Resort
- Configure alarm trigger points in the control system and develop system for alarm notification to the Resort
- Configure historical and consumable data gathering, and create web-based reports of plant data
- Recommend technology improvements and support leadership team in developing budget to maintain, improve systems
- Lead OT related project design and execution
- Provide timely communication and status updates to Manager and Resort partners.
- Maintain technical skills by attending conferences, training, etc
- Perform other facilities systems engineering tasks as necessary
- Minimum five to ten years of proven experience in operational technology as a systems administrator (hardware, software, cybersecurity)
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and time management / organizational skills
- Strong verbal and technical writing skills
- Strong team/partnering skills – ability to both lead and follow as necessary
- Rigorous development discipline – adherence to cybersecurity standards, etc.
- Understanding of system-level design considerations – timing analyses, hardware/software tradeoffs, etc.
- Ability to present technical concepts in a manner understandable by non-technical people
- Strong customer service orientation
- Practical knowledge of server and network architecture design
- Understanding of communication technologies/protocols: TCP/IP, Modbus, VLAN Management, Firewall Rules, etc.
- Control system theory experience (closed-loop control)
- Electrical troubleshooting skills (voltmeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Software configuration management/version control tools
- Programming capabilities and experience with Carrier Comfort Works, iVu, and Wonderware.
- Experience with monitoring electrical power distribution, energy management and lighting control systems.
- Experience with the operation of large multi-building campuses and system wide facility controls integration.
- Experience using Vmware, Veeam, Hyper-V, Kepware, Wonderware, Rockwell Automation software, etc
- 2-4 years Trade School Technical training + 2 years' experience
- 4 years equivalent military or employer training/experience
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering + 2 years' experience
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.