Staff Electrical Engineer-Utility and SustainingApply NowApply Later Job ID 947038BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 25, 2022
You will report to the Manager of Utility & Sustaining Engineering.
- Support diverse lines of business such as Operations, Maintenance, Entertainment, Merchandise, Broadcast Services, and others, with answers to electrical questions, code interpretation, and engineering and/or design solutions.
- Review maintenance and testing reports and provides technical guidance to the Utility and Support Services (FSS) and the Attraction Engineering Services (ES) teams.
- Perform owner's reviews of projects planned for the Resort and participating in project design reviews.
- Support the analysis and development of the Resort's sustainability goals and programs.
- Be an Electrical Safety Subject Matter Expert and as an Electrical Safety Champion.
- Provide direction and assistance for the restoration of electrical service following power outages and implementation of State of California mandated load reductions.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in the engineering design and repair of electrical systems.
- Proficiency in the use of email, AutoCAD, Revit, SKM Power Tools, and MS Office.
- Knowledge of NEC, NESC, Title 24, OSHA
- Explain complex issues to non-technical peers and to management.
- Experience with a campus environment distribution system including chiller plants, boiler plants, compressed air production, pumps, power management systems, circuit breakers, transformers, motors, meters, environmental sustainability, variable speed drive systems, and energy efficiency programs and projects.
- Experience with environmental sustainability programs as it related to energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reduction
- Familiarity with incorporating electrical distribution system's configuration and data in to a Geographic Information System (ArcGIS)
- BS Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on power systems design and operation
- Professional Engineering License (PE) in the State of California
Preferred EducationMasters Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on power systems design and operation
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.