Already applied?View Dashboard
Team Leader - Utilities & InfrastructureApply Now Apply Later Job ID 866285BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 10/07/2021
You will report to the Manager of Utility and Sustaining Engineering.
- Provide technical, budgetary, and scheduling oversight for team commitments and deliverables
- Provide guidance and support to the engineers and designers within the team; and their projects to ensure highest quality of work and best value to the company.
- Report project status, risks, and specific challenges and develop plans/ solutions to address.
- Manage the day-to-day priorities and activities of the team to ensure alignment with Resort-wide Goals and Objectives as well as team commitments and deliverables.
- Set expectations and provide mentoring, coaching, career, and performance discussions to the team to ensure each Cast Member understands roles, responsibilities, accountabilities and opportunity to discuss career and growth path.
- Assure team compliance with design process, standards, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- In addition to leading the team, provide support with troubleshooting HVAC, utility consumption monitoring, central energy plant controls and equipment, performing engineering and design analysis, supporting equipment installation and testing, maintaining team-training requirements, support the utility billing processes, and monitoring project financials and schedules.
- You will help develop Facility Controls Standards.
- While this is a leadership position, a transfer rate (billable hours) of 60% is to be maintained.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of proven experience in the engineering design and maintenance of electrical equipment and control systems.
- Minimum ten (10) years proven experience working in a multi-discipline, technical, team environment including mechanical and controls/electrical engineers.
- Clear understanding of controls systems theory and electrical troubleshooting skills (voltmeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Experience in designing, implementing, and testing of Programmable Logic Controllers and PID loops.
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills with multiple, cross-Line of Business stakeholders and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities, personnel, and stakeholder expectations in a reactive environment, while maintaining professional image, composure, and overall situational awareness.
- Knowledge and acumen for electrical safety
- Experience using computer-based electrical engineering and design tools.
- Proficiency in the use of email, AutoCAD software, MS Office.
- Extensive knowledge of NEC, Title 24, OSHA, etc.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, listening, and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly complex issues to non-technical peers and to executives.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Strong personal integrity and customer focus.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Professional Engineering License (PE) in the State of California.
- Five (5) years' experience leading project or organizational teams consisting of salaried direct reports
- Fail-safe and safety-related software design
- Software configuration management/version control tools
- Programming capabilities and experience with Carrier Comfort Works, iVu, and Wonderware.
- Experience monitoring electrical power distribution, energy management and lighting control systems.
- Experience with the operation of large multi-building campuses and system wide facility controls integration.
- BA/BS Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, or MBA
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.