Technology Project Management Intern - Anaheim, Spring 2020
Anaheim, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 699071BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 06/09/2019
The Disney Parks Experiences & Products (DPEP) Technology team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of cast costumes. DPEPTechnology seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
The Technology Project Management Intern under minimal guidance is responsible for applying project management principles, practices, and techniques to lead projects and control project schedule, cost, and performance risks for projects of moderate complexity. The Project Manager identifies appropriate resources needed and develops schedules to ensure timely completion of projects. The PM coordinates the activities of the team by becoming familiar with the project scope and objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
- Performs project management responsibilities.
- Under minimal guidance, coordinates and oversees all phases of the project, as well as activities of the project team.
- Ensures timely completion of tasks in line with project objectives.
- Provides support to customers and leadership through project management process.
- Obtains thorough understanding of stakeholder requirements and communicates requirements to appropriate team members; manages all requirements accordingly in order to deliver each requirement to the stakeholders.
- Participates in internal and/or external training programs, staying current and compliant on application or technical skills applicable to assigned duties.
- Monitors and communicates future trends in the industry to IT and the Customer.
- Acts as a liaison between business users and implementation team, communicating appropriately and effectively with co-workers, customers and supervisors, and maintaining awareness of project status and any potential delay, situation or concern that may affect the outcome of the project.
- Successfully assesses project risks and formulates mitigation plans.
- Successfully develops and updates project budgets as required, and delivers successful projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner as shown by project statistics.
- Conducts project meetings at leadership and/or executive director levels.
- Develops and manages a project change control process as needed to ensure project team operates within the scope of change approval process.
- Reviews available resources to maintain first-hand knowledge of where resources can be best allocated. Reevaluates current resources to determine project resource surplus and shortfalls.
- Establishes clear ownership for project tasks, ensures that team members have the tools needed, and provides timely feedback to the project team, stakeholders, and sponsors.
- Coordinates and facilitates delivery of project objectives.
- Tracks progress and reviews project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assesses project issues and identifies solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicates project status, issues & risks to management.
- Conducts regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder’s needs and requirements continuously in view.
- Works collaboratively with development staff and support staff to maintain knowledge of product capabilities. Ensures precise communications between project team and its stakeholders.
- Maintains project schedule and target dates, providing weekly project status updates.
- Project Management experience/knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Project Management Institute (PMI) principles.
- Understanding of project management methodologies, including but not limited to the Project Management Institute (PMI) PMBOK and Agile.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Information Technology departments and operational customers and/or departments.
- Proficiency in operational and technical project management.
- Familiarity with project management tools and/or software packages such as Microsoft Project, Visio, Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow, VersionOne, etc..)
- PMP Certification
- Srong knowledge in Excel (Pivot Tables, data analysis)
- Certified Agile Scrum master
- Enterprise level Project Management
Required EducationJunior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability during Program Length (listed below)
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are Beginning of January 2020- Beginning of May 2020
Housing: a limited amount of housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.