Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Theme Park Operations - Leadership Intern (CA), Summer/Fall 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10039522 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 24, 2023
The Disneyland Resort (DLR) Operations Leadership Intern is a developmental leadership position that is responsible for active day-to-day management of Cast and location performance in high-volume areas of the Disneyland® Resort operation; these areas may include Food & Beverage, Custodial, Attractions, Retail, Guest Relations, Entertainment, Hotels, and/or Arrival locations.
DLR Operations Leadership Interns will ensure a productive, efficient, and safe operation, drive a memorable and courteous Guest experience, and increase Cast engagement. This role strives to improve Guest service standards, recognizes/coaches Cast behaviors, and manages the business through Key Business Drivers while maintaining strong connection to the Disney brand.
Interns who successfully complete this six-month internship will be given priority consideration for placement into leadership opportunities at The Disneyland Resort OR for participation in the next Leadership Development Program, with the intent to extend a regular offer forthcoming post-graduation.
Make an Impact by...
- Commitment to excellence and working in the operation daily, which includes interacting with Guests and Cast Members and resolving any issues
- Recognize Cast and hold them accountable for delivering excellence in our Five Keys: safety, courtesy, show, efficiency, and inclusion.
- Exceed Guest expectations in a manner that yields results and positive Guest feedback
- Partner closely and collaborate with other leadership teams due to shared Cast base, and work together to drive and deliver daily results
- Participate in departmental meetings and communicate relevant information to Cast Members
- Support local projects and monitor any potential impacts to the Guest and Cast experience
- What you Bring to the Role....
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrated professionalism and maturity in a fast paced, high volume work environment
- Demonstrated operational guest service experience and guest service skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making
- Demonstrated strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with attention to detail
- Availability and willingness to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends, variable shifts and holidays
- Bilingual skills
- Previous experience as a Disney Cast Member
- Currently a Senior pursuing a degree in Hospitality, Travel & Tourism, Business Administration, Management, Communications, or closely related field or a recent graduate of an accredited college/university within the last six (6) months
- The pay rate for this internship in California is $1,240 per week.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look appearance guidelines
- Program length - The approximate dates of this internship are June 2023 - January 2024
- Work details - Must be able to work FULL TIME hours (approximately 40 per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Transportation - Must have reliable transportation to/from work
- Housing - Must provide own housing for the duration internship program
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.