Training MgrApply NowApply Later Job ID 951354BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Do you enjoy designing classes, developing curriculum, and implementing technical training programs? Are you the type of leader who is passionate about improving people's lives by turning Regulatory, Safety, Engineering and Maintenance information into dynamic, just-in-time, memorable, and quality training activities that includes learned behaviors that are retained well beyond their immediate use?
If your head is nodding "yes," then Training Manager within FOS at Disneyland Resort (DLR) might be the job for you. While working in partnership with the team, you'll design the training and then provide it for the entire DLR FOS Division and Regulatory training for the entire Disneyland Resort.
The goal of the training activities is to provide FOS Maintenance Cast the tools and knowledge to conduct troubleshooting solutions, especially on our Registered Attractions. And for Regulatory training the goal is to ensure the Resort's Cast Members are completely complaint. There is a specific focus on providing training for technical systems, for regulatory compliance, and to ensure safety continues as our first priority!
This is an important role in driving Disney's culture of safety and wellness. Because many of the DLR systems are engineered with Walt Disney World's (WDW), you will benchmark and understand how WDW offerings compare to DLR and align. You will report to the Manager of FOS Training at Disneyland and provide leadership to a team of safety and training professionals. Apply Today
- Provide elevated project management through monitoring, communication, and ensure delivery of training content and curriculums while meeting budget expectations and timelines.
- Demonstrate high-quality leadership - through feedback, sharing professional experience, implementing high impact activities and ranking work project tasks.
- Create project charters (including scope, schedule, budget), responsibility through use of RASCI model, and defining deliverables with input from partners and other members of the Training Team.
- Provide training programs for design and troubleshooting of technical systems. Work with our FOS teams to ensure training drives attraction systems performance and reliability.
- Work to improve the quality of training and focus offerings as directed by needs analysis and executive input. Establish metrics and goals to measure and evaluate effectiveness of training. Share these results with peers, clients, and leadership.
- Look for ways to incorporate diversity within the team.
- Bring to our organization new development processes and technology to provide an outstanding training experience.
- 5+ years and highly skilled in project management with experience training technical subject matter including partner management.
- Experience leading and facilitating discussions.
- Advanced capability to speak, write, and present to all levels.
- Experience leading projects in complex organizations.
- Adept with Microsoft Excel using pivot tables and VLOOKUP functions to provide high-quality, relevant reports.
- Proficient in use of Outlook, SharePoint, eLearning and learning management tools (LMS). For LMS, DLR uses D-Learn, a custom product provided by SAP SuccessFactors.
- Experience leading and motivating a team with professional expertise while showcasing outstanding conflict resolution and partnership skills.
- Motivated and flexible to changing demands.
- Plan details on projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- Knowledge of DLR FOS organization and its business practices.
- Knowledge of DLR in the context of regulatory and corporate compliance training.
- PMP Certification.
- Proficiency with D-Learn, MAXIMO, HotSOS, and Business Objects.
- Track record in training design, curriculum development, and blended learning solution development.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Training and Development or a related field
- Bachelor's Degree or a Technical AA with relevant experience
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
The role will be based in Anaheim, California.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.