Washer/Dryer Attendant- Part Time - Disneyland ResortApply Now Apply Later Job ID 860521BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Disneyland Resort Date posted 11/05/2021
The starting rate for a Washer/Dryer Attendant Cast Member is $18.05/hour.
- Follows directions and safety precautions while operating machines and using chemicals
- Monitors all machinery carts, bags and rail support structure at all times for safety hazards and maintenance problems
- Ensure wash area is clean and organized
- Coordinate with Bag Loader on prioritization of product to be loaded onto the overhead rail system
- Select and verify the product and quantity of bags from the rail system for the next available washer
- Load washers/dryers via the overhead rail system
- Unload washers/dryers into laundry carts in safe manner
- Properly select formulas on washers/dryers based on product
- Verify PH readings on all products to be neutral
- Conduct chemical transfers in a safe and organized manner per Operating Guidelines
- Weighs linen bags for maximum washer utilization and loads into appropriate rail according to classification
- Small washer attendant – Sort, wash, dry and fold all robes, color linen, shower curtains, sleeping bags, laundry bags, small blankets, gowns, utility towels and other specialty items
- Responsible for communicating with Engineers, Leads and/or Manager regarding equipment, chemical or unsafe issues
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Able to read and understand MSDS sheets and recognizes precautions for each authorized chemical that may be used
- Able to read and understand directions for operating machines and recognizes when a machine is not functioning properly
- Able to identify when Softrol Injector system is not working properly, and react accordingly
- Ability to multi-task
- Maintains constant communication with Lead, Soil Sorter, Engineer Host and Manager as to which linen items are needed to fill daily demands
- Maintain constant oral and written communication
- Willing to work independently with minimal supervision
- Bilingual preferred
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred
- Previous cleaning experience in a Laundry facility or similar environment
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.