Workforce Management Industrial Engineering Intern DLR:Summer 2020
- Multiple levels
- Relationship expertise
“To someone who really doesn't know what they want to do within industrial engineering, Disney is the perfect place to work because we have basically our own little city here. We've got cast members who are planting trees, painting surfaces, maintaining attractions, as well as those operating stores, food and beverage locations, shows and attractions. It's really a unique opportunity in that we have so many different areas that you could support within the same company.”Alex, Industrial Engineering
Workforce Management is an internal team that provides tools, systems, processes, and knowledge to optimize our workforce in an evolving and dynamic environment. We support our labor, operations, and other business partners at the Disneyland Resort using a cooperative spirit, ensuring the development and success of our fellow team members. Responsibilities for our team include, but are not limited to, analyzing data and operational processes to build forecasting models that generate everything from robust daily workloads to long-term headcount plans.
Our intern program is designed to develop you professionally and apply your Industrial Engineering knowledge to impactful, real-world projects at the “Happiest Place on Earth”. You will be supported by a team of fellow Industrial Engineers as you learn hands-on about how the Disneyland Resort strives to provide magical experiences to our Guests while driving financial growth. There will be a wide range of opportunities to provide analytic support and consultation to various lines of business including Attractions, Entertainment, Food & Beverage, and Retail.
Responsibilities:Make an impact by…
- Acting as an internal consultant for various Operations teams by analyzing daily operations in order to find efficiencies and provide recommendations on opportunities for labor savings
- Developing tools in Tableau, Access, and SQL that use big data to tell a story and provide insight
- Conducting Industrial Engineering analyses, particularly in operational planning support, workload planning and forecasting, Cast utilization, and productivity/process improvements
- Leveraging curiosity and self-motivation to create and lead diverse, impactful projects by utilizing an Industrial Engineering skill set
- Leading and participating in team efforts while working on projects which require interfacing with all levels of Cast and management
|What you bring to this role…|
- Prior related work experience, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on problem solving
- Experience performing times studies/data collection and analyzing results in order to make impactful business decisions
- Experience with VBA, Tableau, or Microsoft Access
- Proven knowledge and/or experience with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Industrial Engineering or related program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Cumulative GPA stated on resume and application must match cumulative GPA of current institution’s transcript.)
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all roles listed. In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Anaheim, CA
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May to August 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Disability Accommodation for Employment Applications
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.